EASY TAX CLAIMS SCAM.

Dunkey67
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 749 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just come across this forum this has happened to me too. 

I was approached by Alan O Hara  Easy Tax Claims to join the EIS. 

A few months later HMRC requested certificates for the scheme which I didn't have. 

After months of emails , appeals I now have to pay back £3741 from which I only received  £1000. 

My appeal failed because HMRC are saying I played a part as I gave Alan O Hara (or a few of his alias') access to my gateway account. 

I cant believe the HMRC weren't aware of this scam 

Hi Dunkey,

I've moved your post to your own new thread that you can use from now on.

You need to read through threads here for Dixon and Schipoo so you can see how their cases have run so far.

Please confirm what stage you're at with HMRC - like have you appealed the determinations; have you had a Tribunal Hearing; etc.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I was approached by Alan Ohara about a tax rebate scheme called the enterprise investment scheme.

The way it was explained was that I could reclaim 3 years tax as long as a third of the rebate was invested into the E.I.S.

I would receive a third as a tax rebate and a third would be taken in fees.

I provided all paperwork required and as the case proceeded I was contacted to say that the application would have to be completed online and they needed access through my tax portal and needed to provided details for them to access. I was a little unsure but provided the information they required.

A few weeks later I was notified that the that the claim was being paid and my refund would be paid directly into my bank .

A few weeks later I received a request  from HMRC for certificates of the money I had invested into the E.I.S. which I could not provide as I was told these would be held but Easy Tax Claims for 3 years. I tried to contact E.T.C. but got no reply from calls or emails.

HMRC have said that because I gave access to my portal that I played a part in the scam.

I have appealed their decision but the appeal was turned down giving the same response. 

I have seen that other people have been victims of Alan O Hara and are now in the same position as myself.   The revenue  although sympathetic have now come to me demanding the full amount claimed back. 

I have checked companies house and the company is still trading under the revenues nose.

Its obvious now that this is a scam to defraud people out of money. I cant understand why the revenue were still paying rebates to this company when people before myself had  the same experience.

I am now trying to negotiate a repayment plan with HMRC as they are adding interest to the amount owed. 

I would appreciate  any assistance. 

Hi Dunkey,

As I said in my post above, you need to carefully read the threads here for both Dixon and Schipoo.

You'll find useful info to help you.

Also, see recent posts on the General thread about the EIS scams. Read from here onwards and take time to read the Tribunal Rulings for the cases of McCumiskey v HMRC and for Huntley v HMRC - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/439099-information-on-fast-tax-rebates-ltd-and-the-eis-scam/?do=findComment&comment=5165660

Edited by slick132
added link

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)