I'm coming off UC and they want me to give a date I want to close it from and dont want to get stung(S/E)

2021Oops
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

Ive been on Universal credit for the last 12 months since missing out on the 3rd self employed grant and after careful consideration have decided to come off it, I feel its limiting me subconsciously and ive been getting the bare £320ish minimum + the issues being caused by covid have cleared up and my stock levels are such I feel I can come off. I know I should see how it goes but honestly im a cold turkey type of person.

Ive sent them a message stating i'd like to come off and they have come back saying I need to give them a date that cant be in the future. I consciously waited till today as I was getting a payment yesterday and now im concerned I might end up having to repay some if I dont get the dates right. I'm sure it took ages to get a penny and its calculated from the previous months earnings so I presume it is paid in arrears, do I have anything to worry about here? I'm happy to not receive another penny from here on but just dont want to end up liable for anything.

UC is a monthly benefit paid in arrears.  So if you have just had a payment, you can cancel your claim without any issues.

Just send a journal message asking to withdraw the claim from the date you send the message.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

18 minutes ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

UC is a monthly benefit paid in arrears.  So if you have just had a payment, you can cancel your claim without any issues.

Just send a journal message asking to withdraw the claim from the date you send the message.

Great thanks, I did think this. :)