style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 728 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have no idea why I have just got this as most afternoon I have not been able to get on F/B and when I do I can not read posts or see any pictures and now my computer has gone stupid, making a right noise and I keep getting blocks come up saying Windows power shield ( think) power shell it is

This is message I got

You’re Temporarily Blocked

It looks like you were misusing this feature by going too fast. You’ve been temporarily blocked from using it.

If you think that this doesn't go against our Community Standards, let us know.

too fast????
Edited by snowdragon

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

its a virus

run that 360 scanner i got you to install.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

what scanner?  never had on DX 

I am not able to access my posts or anything on F/B and I nned to as I am admin/moderator on some groups there, my towere is making so much noise it is driving me mad, only started today windows 8, 8.1

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

been using chrome for  a long time and first time had problems, no idea how long blocked for or why my computer is making so much noise xx

what do you mean by noise?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

a horrid loud noise, like a fan constantly on, turned it all off and checked if it needed cleaning but was fine, still doing it, and  still keep getting blue boxes popping up saying power shell

powershell what else does it say?

do you still get the noise if you turn your speakers off or unplug them? ie is the PC mechanically making the noise or is it being generated via the speakers?

the facebook issue is to do with

PHOENIXSTYLE.COM

Solved: fix for It looks like you were misusing this feature by going too fast

which can be virus related too as well as the eventual powershell errors.

i though you installed

WWW.360TOTALSECURITY.COM

360 Total Security is a leader in Cybersecurity software. With a billion active internet users, 360 has earned a strong reputation for excellence...

a long time ago 

• Thanks 1

and they

speakers are not on, only use them now and then, the powershell things been popping up a lot today, checked they are unticked and they are, no  idea why got them, they are also there when I restart my pc, yes DX I thought I installed the 360 as well but can not find it

Needs a look at them by your local PC repair guy 

Have you narrowed down what part is making the noise,. Have you cleaned  between the fins of the CPU heatsink where the fan is on the mother board?

Explain these powershell' things' what does it say?

and they

it is just a big blue box DX, all says is Windows Powershell, there are normally several of them come up,  not seen them say anything, I think it is the fan making noise and yes cleaned it all :)

It all started today after I had a vido link with my grandchildren, never had it before and then Facebook blocked me later on, no idea for how long, my computer is a PackardBell, running ChromE OS , wINDOWS 8, 8.1

Which fan. Power supply? Computer case fan or one on the processor.?

Get this sorted first.

Dx

and they

can only see one fan, it is attached to the base of tower, I have installed the 360 again and ran it, am still blocked on f/b lol

See that other link I posted 

You had or done too many invites to fb

and they

not invited anyone to f/b like said not been able to access it most afternoon

Read that link 

You have or a virus has 

You must have more than 1 fan!

The metal box, the powersupply has one so must your processor. What one is making the noise ...  

Dx

and they

Just on facebook I know a friend that was on facebook for years and recently they have a verification email from facebook due to their new rules that you actually now need to prove your identity and if not completed within 30 days of the email your account is locked.

Friend thought it was spam and it wasn't it was facebook new rules and they ignored it past the 30 days and they were locked out of their facebook account

With your computer make sure and also check that all the internal connections/cables are not loose as well as giving the inside a good clean if needed.

I have to agree you may have a virus do as dx100uk has suggested and run 360 on a full scan of your computer.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I can only see one fan if any more they must be hidden, the fan I can see must be one making noise, if I move the tower it quietens a bit then starts a bit.

I have run the 360  and and  now doing the virus scan, atm the tower is quiet, tried get on f/b just now, still not able to see posts or pictures, no other site is affected, I will come back and let you know what the scan finds

forgot mention, I can get on f/b on my tablet just got issues on the computer

360 found 9 issues, all resolved, tower is now quiet, still problems on f/b with computer, all other sites are fine

just got on to f/b but still not able to access anything on it, all other sites are ok

But after a few mins  not able to access f/b at all on comp now, just got a white page

I had forgotten just how bad MS Windows is..........................

Thank God I've not used it for years.

PM me if you want and we can try and fix your PC remotely.

H

• Thanks 1

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

hi H Thanks, the tower seems ok now but still can not access Facebook, I need to as well

If the tower is behaving now, install and run the free version of Iobit Advanced Systemcare free, ignore all the prompts to pay for or upgrade anything and let it do complete clean and scan. You might have to do it two or three times. Then uninstall it to get rid of the nag messages.

Completely clear your browser cache and cookies. 

Then login to FB again.

Consider a safer browser, maybe the Brave Browser or similar.

H

Edited by Hammy1962

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

I ran the 360 programe, seemed to help but had to take it out as was causing problems to other stuff on my computer,, never had any problems with Chrome tbh, just yesterday Facebook blocked me, 

I have no idea why I have just got this as most afternoon I have not been able to get on F/B and when I do I can not read posts or see any pictures and now my computer has gone stupid, making a right noise and I keep getting blocks come up saying Windows power shield ( think) power shell it is

This is message I got

You’re Temporarily Blocked

It looks like you were misusing this feature by going too fast. You’ve been temporarily blocked from using it.

If you think that this doesn't go against our Community Standards, let us know.

too fast????

So, some antivirus programs are as bad as the virus. Did you use The Iobit program and clean up your browser?

Panda online Antivirus gets good feedback.

H

• Thanks 1

GARUDALINUX.ORG

no H, have ran a virus and clean up and nothing found, I can access every  site except Facebook, the message got from the yesterday is still there. I have not invited people to join anything, I hardly use f/b  as not a fan but need to now and then as am admin on several pages etc and also to update things

Try a clean install of another browser.

BRAVE.COM

The Brave browser is a fast, private and secure web browser for PC, Mac and mobile. Download now to enjoy a faster ad-free browsing experience that saves data and battery life by blocking tracking software.

Log Straight into FB

Just as a test

H

Edited by Hammy1962

GARUDALINUX.ORG