RBS Mint Card debt - Equivo then Wescot - CCA S78 return - enforceable?

dwr_fsg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

who are wetcloths stated client ?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and 

1 hour ago, dwr_fsg said:

Equivo

are just a rename of the old shoosmith solicitors who's client was also RBS

so debt is still with the original creditor.

when did you last pay this debt and why did you send a CCa request, cause you got chased by a powerless DCa and a solicitor acting as a dCA , without sending a letter of claim?

history please

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I was naive until last year when I learnt from your excellent site about the antics of DCA's. Until then, about July 2021, alas, I was paying Shoosmiths £5.00 per month on this, along side three other debts with Nat West, a Bank personal loan and two personal guarantees on Business borrowing where the business defaulted. I still don't know what to do about these latter debts.

I then received a letter from Equivo saying they had taken over the management of the debt from Shoosmiths and noticed that the Credit Card number was one of which I had no record so fired off the S78 letter to them and stopped paying. As you say no letter of claim

Now I have received the letter from RBS it at least clarifies that the debt is still with the original creditor.  

well you didnt quite learn enough or absorb things properly then...

if a debt is still with the original creditor, and thats obvious by READING the letters these people send...our client RBS, then thee is never much point in sending a CCA request. that only becomes useful once the debt is SOLD...and for that you'll get a notice of assignment.

reading letters is the key, the letter didn't say they had taken over your debt, but they had taken over shoosmiths...

p'haps it might be a whole lot better to always CHECK HERE AND ASK, before you go doing anything in the future eh?...

i will guess that the loan and the debts subject to pg's have not been sold either?

dx

and they

OK Point taken

I am clear that the loan and the debts subject to pg's have not been sold. As mentioned I am paying £5 per month so nothing to do unless they up the ante.  

On the Mint Credit Card I suppose I just have to wait for Westcot's next move. Then consult you before doing anything.

no you ignore wetcloths totally ...they don't buy debts so are not the owner...geddit yet....

and OC's don't do court...so.. no anti they can ever up....

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to RBS Mint Card debt - Equivo then Wescot - CCA S78 return - enforceable?