bennett v abbey

bennett01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well they would have got my lba today spoke to someone today and getting microfiche statements shortly(supposedly) have been told the lady I spoke to is very good. Claiming for £1470 for 14 months goodness knows what the other 5yrs worth will add up to.No wonder they taking so long with my statements. Hopefully will hear from them before two weeks is up.

Hi just an update on my case, Abbey as filled at court to defend there claim in full and have until 8 Dec to do so. they paid in to my account £555 has a gwg but i have a £700 overdraft this then whent to £1.190 with charges and interest so what they did is pay the ££555 from the full amount so in evect they took this back in there charges and interest i have yet to write to them to thank them for this and to let them know i will continue with the claim.

Hi just a note to let you know how my claim is going

Issued court claim on the 8/11/06 Abbey Acknowledged on 23/11/06

they have until 8/11/06 to file a defence. and box ticked to defend full claim. no sign of this as of yet noted that the address is triton square london so who is there solicitors?

Claiming £2.587 ddc

Interest charges caused from ddc £378.19

Hi,

They have until what date to respond?

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

can someone help had a second mortgage with this company of £15000 over 15 years in 2006 but settled within 7 months but they used the regulation 1983 calculated by taking current balance and adding all future interest due to the end of loan then calculated on this figure using rule 78 formula being the differance between current balance and the rebated figure is the eary settlement penalty.some thing like this,

balance £13.648.08

add interest to date £215.89

add future charges £11.322.78

total payable ££25.186.75

less amount of rebate £11.156.23

sub total prior to legal fees £14.030.52

add legal fee £120

total payable settlement £14.150 52

and the figure comes to £2481.45 ERC

can i claim this figure back

Can enyone help with contact details legal dept london has Abbey have until Friday 8/12/06 to file their defence did ring court no defence submited and only one day to go. should i ring them or just wait.

Claiming for £3137+

E MEX FUNDING LETTER SENT REQUESTING REFUND OF ERC OF £3400

I all just an up date have recieved their defence to day and it only goes on about overdraft limits and going overdrawn and that i agreed to their terms and conditions. and not keeping to their terms hence charges aplied but without predudice they are prepared to agree to a setlement in order to avoid having to file the allocation questionaire and to bring this matter to close.with conditions they are offering 50% of the claim this is £1568.59 but the full amount is for £3137.18 do you think i should ring them and exept as part payment and tell them i will continue with the court case for the remainder.

Hi Bennett, that is exactly what you should do, accept the offer but make it clear that you will be persuing the remaining amount, although I would be tempted to put it in writing as well as calling - and make sure that it is sent recorded.

Good Luck.

;) If I helped, then please click my scales ;)

My advice is only my opinion...

Please read the

FAQ's

Sign the Phil Whitmore petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/

Abbey - £1600 - WON!!

Hi Bennett, that is exactly what you should do, accept the offer but make it clear that you will be persuing the remaining amount, although I would be tempted to put it in writing as well as calling - and make sure that it is sent recorded.

Good Luck.

thank you i will put this in writing

Karnavil

no the charges that applied to the £555 are not new the same as my claim from the start. and thank you i will take your advice to all. did ring the court this morning and the will send out the allocation questionnaire hopefully should get that on tuesday.

Just of the phone talking to a woman called christine at london complete wast of time there so called agree to setlement is only in their favour my charges in full are £3137.18 they offer 50% £1568.59 then again reducing this with the £555 which was paid in to my account this then would leave £1.013.59 I told her this was not acceptable. i would only settle for £2582.18 this would be after the £555 taken of. but she also said they do not settle for 100% of any claim and then said the allocation questiner would not cost them anything and would only cost me. so i turned down there so called offer and hope to see them in court. i will now sit down and try to fill in the AQ