bennett v abbey

bennett01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it would seem because of this word i can not mention this at court going to court this morning to take my AQ in. also did right a letter about the £555 they refunded but not about the setlment figure that was offerd that a sham.

Right just been to court handed this in and again having shown my working tax credits no fee to pay this helps. also called this woman Christine at london to say I will turn down their offer of settlement of 50% and have faxed of the letter of rejection and have posted one off. Lets see what happens now.

Abbey £3137.18 offer of 50% turned down

YB have been sending letters out to customers asking them to phone to arrange a meeting to discuss on how they can helptop them recieving charges. some of the people I work with have just had there letters yesterday one of them asked the question is this because of the recent media coverage regarding bank charges. one person had the reply dont know what you mean. we are just looking at how and where we can help. I wonder . what do you think would this be to their benifit

• 3 weeks later...

Still waiting to hear from the court it has been since 28 Dec 06 when my QA given back to court.Abbey returned theirs on the 3 .1 .07 late again this had to be returned by the 28/12/06 keep calling the court but told the same thing awaiting the judge to wether this should be allocated to the small claims or a hearing should be set. i will call again on wed this week.

it can take a few weeks before the court write back regarding the allocation. If the court is busy it could be up to 4 weeks after the AQ date. Mine took at least 2 weeks.

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

Hi all

Just recieved court date this morning it goes

District judge Watkins has considered the statements of case and allocation questionnaires filed and allocated the claim to small claims track

hearing on the 26 March 2007 should take no longer than 1hour 30 and derects that each party must deliver to every party and court copies of all documents no later than 14 days before the court date. the original documents must be taken to court.

the parties are encouraged to contact each other with a view to trying to settle the case or narrow the issues.

i have made copies for all partys should i send them now given that i have just got this letter today.

Hi Lula.

Where do you claim this. Do you just enclose a seperate piece of paper within the court bundle, or is it to be asked for when settlement has been offered?

I'm only asking as I did stipulate that I would be applying costs when I filed my POC but as I have just spent the last hour and half doing my own court bundle I just wondered where it went. I thought I'd better make a start, and I'm glad I have. My god there's hundreds of pages left to go!

Settled at 50%

Clydesdale £155. Should have been £310 charges, plus interest :( Husbands Account.

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

:D Settled in FULL April 18th 2007. £5179.83 Paid but what a long battle!

:D

COMPENSATION OF £100 ON 14/04/08 FOR CONTINUED HARASSEMENT.

hi all just a question on the the £9.25 can i put this on all copys sent to the bank and the court and myself ei the statements and court bundle and what other cost can i place. just waiting for this reply then will take all papers to court and take the banks copys in to the bank

please help with this thank you

Hi

I have not kept track of time taken to get court bundle together but have been doing over the last couple of week ends. What appears to be reasonable . I note somebody charged 49 hours and got paid but can't remember who it was. I still have to highlight paragraphs etc in case of hearing. Highlighting the microphiche copies took ages as there was so many charges and I didn' want to get them wrong:confused: :confused:

Anney

took my court bundle in to court yesterday spent all weekend putting this together. abbeys sent on the same day. looking at the time spent on all copies i would tend to put at least 20 hours at £9.25. all i can do is wait for the court day which is the 26 march unless they settle before then. as to someone claiming the 40 hours not seen this myself.