Buyer scammed me on ebay Negative Balance of £500

andycorleone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 790 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A Buyer scammed (empty box scam) me on ebay now I have a Negative Balance of £500 on ebay. I think in the past this was show on paypal but for now is only on ebay. . I have been selling for ages on ebay but after seen how easy scammers can get away and ebay offering very little protection at this point I don’t really care not selling there anymore. i wondered what will happen now? And what happens if I don’t pay.  As I read most likely they will sell the debt to westcot. What consequence will this bring? Thanks

A Buyer scammed (empty box scam) me on ebay now I have a Negative Balance of £500 on ebay.

I think in the past this was show on paypal but for now is only on ebay. .

I have been selling for ages on ebay but after seen how easy scammers can get away and ebay offering very little protection at this point I don’t really care not selling there anymore.

i wondered what will happen now?

And what happens if I don’t pay.  

As I read most likely they will sell the debt to westcot.

What consequence will this bring?

Thanks

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured in order to make it readable

• andycorleone changed the title to Buyer scammed me on ebay Negative Balance of £500

Are you sure that there is the customer who has scammed you?

We have lots of cases here where the item has been stolen somewhere along the delivery line – possibly by the courier.

Which company was used to send the item?

What was the item? What was its value?

• Like 1

Thanks for restructuring the post.

I would really want to get some help about my questions. At this point if is Buyer or delivery company fault is irrelevant (I gave up after weeks of dealing with this trying to find a solution) .

The negative balance is there, I can’t do nothing to change that other than pay from my pocket or ignore. I want to know the consequences.  

You have to wait for my site team colleague @dx100uk who will be along at some point to make some suggestions in relation to your specific question.

However in terms of  who is at fault, I'm surprised that you don't find it a very interesting question. If it's the delivery company then you could certainly get reimbursement with our help and this then might go some way to sorting out this debt that you have been saddled with

Thanks, 

The Problem with the delivery company Evri (Formerly know as Hermes)  is I paid for the Basic insurance which I think only cover up to £20.   

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

Why don't you read some of the stories on the delivery services sub- forum

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/183-postal-and-delivery-services/

And you will very quickly understand what we have to say about the status, unfairness and unenforceability of the insurance requirement.

I think this will be an important first step for you

when did this happen?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It would probably help the site team if you could elaborate on the details of how you came to learn the box was empty.

You haven't explained whether the buyer stated they didn't receive the item because the box was empty, or whether they opted to return the item and when you received it, it was empty.

Detail can be important and it will certainly help the site team and yourself in helping you to find a solution if there is one.

A week ago

Buyer Claims Evri left the box in his porch and when he collected it realized it was empty. I requested  some pictures of the box all around. He send them out to me but I don’t see any use or additional tape to reseal it or any damage in the parcel.

As I explained I opted for the basic shipping service with optional signature on delivery (but the later was ignored) Evri is only liable for £ 20  at this point. I honestly can’t see to have a strong case to take Evri or the buyer to court  or have any real chance to recover my money but instead lose more time and energy.

Thats why I wanted to know the consequences I may face by not paying ebay. 

• Like 1

Once again, I think my site team colleague will probably give a view as to the eBay consequences – but if you made a contract with the courier company which included a delivery with a signature – and the signature was not obtained, then I don't really see why you are so pessimistic about getting your money back from them if you are prepared to put a bit of effort into it.

You have referred once again to Evri's limited liability on this and so clearly you haven't done the reading which I suggested above.

I also asked you what was in the parcel and I'm not sure why you haven't addressed this question

Inside was a DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone I sold on Ebay.

I recall typing  "Mavic Air 2" in the content description when I filled the form on Evri website.  I  don't recall what value I filled in the shipping form I tried to look on Evri website or email but that information is not there anymore.

I also recall  they offered me insurance compensation for extra but I decline. 

Edited by dx100uk

Well it's clearly the kind of thing that would be stolen. The reputation of Evri is that all of these kinds of items are extremely vulnerable to being stolen.
That is the most likely explanation.

You should turn your sites on them although I'm disappointed that you are still going on about your insurance – lack of insurance – and that makes me think that you still haven't read up on the whole question of insurance. It's fairness, and its unenforceability.
If the delivery was arranged through eBay then the value of the item would have been declared automatically to them.

Your best chance of getting your money back is by suing Hermes – but it's up to you.

If you want to sue Hermes then I suggest that you start a new thread in the appropriate sub- forum and do a quick summary of the facts and a chronology

4 hours ago, andycorleone said:

He send them out to me but I don’t see any use or additional tape to reseal it or any damage in the parcel.

but was it the box you sent it in?

On 17/03/2022 at 07:40, andycorleone said:

As I read most likely they will sell the debt to westcot.

wetcloths dont buy debts.

how long have you been using ebay? prior to brexit split?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I dind't used ebay system to create the label.

I went directly to Hermes Evri Website and create the label from my account.   

I received an email response from Evri telling me that I need to fill  a "Lost Claim Form" within 14 days,  I guess I should fill that in and wait until I get a negative response on my compensation that they won't pay for the Drone before I start suing Hermes.

Edited by dx100uk
  • Like 1

just type no need to keep hitting quote.

dx

and they

20 minutes ago, andycorleone said:

I went directly to Hermes Evri Website and create the label from my account.   

So you already had an account with hermes?

But thats immaterial really.

Dx

and they

I telephoned Hermes and told them that your valuable drone had been stolen that you were blaming your customer – and they said that you had obviously taken a leaf out of their book because they always blamed their customers as well.

Then they laughed.

@BankFodder assumed that I used ebay and then the value was declared automatically. which is not the case. I went directly to their website and place the order there. I  Just wanted to clarify that I'm not sure what value was originally declared (maybe this is still irrelevant).

Edited by dx100uk

you are not making an awful lot of sense .

WHEN did you post the item what date?

how long have you had an ebay account when did you open it first and start using ebay?

dx

and they

3 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

you are not making an awful lot of sense .

WHEN did you post the item what date?

how long have you had an ebay account when did you open it first and start using ebay?

dx

I have been an eBay member since 2009,  738 Positive Feedback  1 Negative from the Drone Buyer.  All these years Selling Stuff ranging from £2500 to £20

Just type no need to keep hitting quote. .

when did you send the drone please.

and they

@dx100uk I already responded you above "Last Week" , This is why the use of quotation marks is useful  ;)

Not sure Why you keep asking many specif question and not offering straight help. in the other hand @BankFodder has been more helpfull guiding me. 

Because they give us the information we need to properly advise you....

youve been a member of ebay since before brexit so the old rules apply to any ebay debt. Not a lot they can do to you if you have a negative £500 balance (debt) .

Just ensure you remove all funding sources or tell your bank to block all request s for payment from ebay in any format including a  continuous payment authority.

You might have said "last week" but you also said 

On 17/03/2022 at 08:28, andycorleone said:

(I gave up after weeks of dealing with this trying to find a solution) .

So please understand our confusion........

Dx

and they

On the contrary, I can't give you any help in respect of dealing with eBay in terms of a debt. This is where you should follow my site team colleague @dx100uk

Even if you sue Hermes, you will probably still have to deal with the issue of eBay.

In terms of suing Hermes, as I've said you should start a new thread. I suggest that you simply rely on the sale price as being the declared value.