NHS data

nigrob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 781 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have opted out of data sharing with the NHS but today I received an appointment letter from a clinic saying that my care is being transferred to them from my usual hospital Consultant.

Should this happen without them asking me first?

I questioned the new clinic about why they had made me an appointment and they said that they had spoken to me by phones few days ago.

This didn’t happen either !

I have been waiting for a spinal injection since December 21 with the Consultant who agreed to perform the procedure only to find out that I have been farmed out.

seriously not happy with this….

I'm no expert, but assuming the NHS has an agreement with this clinic, whose role it is to provide NHS treatment to patients, I would have thought they may be covered by a legitimate interest clause.

Provided they don't start making unsolicited contact with you about other treatments, offering additional services, or share your information with other parties who do not have direct involvement in your care, from my layman's perspective I would be surprised to hear they've done anything wrong in this case.