Cabot and old stayed Court Claim - Old Welcome Secured Loan - want to sell, but charge is still showing

majimix
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 813 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome financial services

Compliance Department

Ruddington fields business park

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

• 2 months later...

Hi Caggers,

Unfortunatley I ve been unable to log on over the past few months due to having a broken computer and no internet,

thankfully these issues have now been resolved and im back.

Things have gone from bad to worse over the last few months,

a job i thought i had failed to materialise in January so the last Welcome payment was in November,

nothing was done until tonight when

I had a hand delivered letter posted behind my door.

Shall I see if I can get it on here.

I have no scanner but I may be able to take a photo and upload on to here somehow.The letter with the £1 postal order was sent recorded on Friday of last week.

Sorry again but we just could not afford the internet and my laptop broke.

ok,

It was in a plain envolope, myself and partners name and address and todays date. Has our account number on and then -

Account Balance - £9837.03

Current Arrears - £837.24

Our representative called today at am/pm to discuss your accounts arrears and proposals for payment.

Yours sincerely

Welcome Finance

There is a squiggle for a signature but i cant make it out, it does not state the time.

Thanks postggi and hope you are well

Hi all, First of all Happy Easter to everyone,

Im still awaiting reply from our friends at Welcome, I sent the letter with £1 postal order a few days ago so maybe a bit early yet. I have managed to get hold of a scanner and have a few documents to scan including a statement with " Capitalisation" on. Im not to sure what this though? I have tried to upload the scan onto this site, im not sure it will work. Whats the best way of uploading scans so you can see documentation?

Ive tried the photobucket application, hope this works

• 2 weeks later...

Ive just had an unannounced visit from a Welcome Account Manager.

He told me he could not get hold of me, I told him I had sent several letters to head office, one being not to turn up unannounced ( or at all ) and the other I wasn't prepared to go into detail with ( It is requesting all their info on me )

He asked me for copies of the letters, I refused and told him all my correspondence will be via the post, he then said they would send him back, I told him he would get the same answer then.

Have I done the right thing ?

I have posted the agreement between ourselves and welcome, I cant find anything ive signed though, I am still awaiting their reply.

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac177/majimix/scan3.jpg

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac177/majimix/scan2.jpg

Hi There

Capitalisation Is Just Another Name For Interest.

Basicaly Every Time You Make Your Payment A 130 Odd Pound Goes Towards Capitalisation.

Regards Ed

This is interesting. We get charged this every month but our HP agreement and our loan agreement shows the interest front loaded so how on earth can WF charge interest every month.

BTW we are 1 month behind in ours and every month they charge "capitalisation", default sums and letter charge.

HH

• 5 months later...

Hi All,

Im really starting to panic and in need of some advice pretty urgent now.

As you can see from the thread I was made redundant but carried on making payments as best I could. I made my last payment in December of last year before being unable to. I started a new permanent job last week and was thinking things were looking up and Id be able to resume payments soon but yesterday I received a letter from Salans saying I defaulted, the loan agreement had been terminated and I now have to pay back the balance of 10458.

They have sent an income and expenditure form and it states they maybe able to accept a reduced settlement figure in a lump sum, but ive been out of work for a long while and just dont have it.

Please can some one help.

All the details are in the thread,

im sorry but i am pretty desperate.

Many THANKS

Ive added Statement of price, last statement showing arrears and letter from Salans.

I have previously sent £1 for a subject/Access letter. I got it and thought id uploaded it. I cant seem to find it amongst my paperwork which i thought id been careful with.  

Is there anything else you may need ?

postggi,

Ive found the Subject Access request and will scan this up later as well

On my loan agreement it states I have taken lifecare 24 at 195.00 and homecare 24 at 125.00,

add this to the acceptance fee of 235.00 and you get 555. 

Looking at the statement they sent when I asked for a subject access

the opening balance on the 10k loan was 10730.

They have charged the 125 for homecare24 and then 235 for acceptance fee

but instead of 195 for lifecare 24

they have charged 370 for personal accident and lifecare.

Please can someone explain if this is right as it seems they have just added this without my knowledge or consent.

Any joy postggi?

Any joy on anything ?

Should i try to make an arrangement with Salems, what do you think ?

really not to sure what to do at the moment

Has anyone had any dealings with Salems, Is it worth making a monthly cash offer to them ?

They have the cash your cash price for insurances as £495 but they only add up to £320 - Thats an overcharge of £175 before interest is added.

Also there is no signatures - have you deleted them or are there no signatures on the agreement?

Cant see the full amount payable either - which i am sure should ne included.

looks like you may have an unenforceable agreement - but will need to get it clarrified by someone.

i will see if i can get someone to have a look at it for you.

Looks like this is unenforceable debt.

A fellow Cagger, Lord Tiger Putin has done an analysis of the agreement.

Here is the link to the analysis.

http://s928.photobucket.com/albums/ad125/lord_tiger_putin/?action=view&current=Welcome.png

Looks like they have cocked up big time.

Here is link to the thread where i asked the question.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?278714-Welcome-Thread-is-it-agreement-enforceable-(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Hope it helps.

They certainly got it wrong with the total cash price. This will make the APR inaccurate on its own.

Unless I miss something completely, how on earth is 16.77% of £10495 over 85 months = £7061.35?

It should have "Total amount payable".

Have a look at this assessment:

http://s928.photobucket.com/albums/ad125/lord_tiger_putin/?action=view&current=Welcome.png

This looks unenforceable but remember:

"Section 127(3) of the Act has been repealed by the Consumer Credit Act 2006, therefore agreements entered into on or after 6 April 2007 cannot be held to be 'irredeemably unenforceable'."

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One

Hmm - so does this mean that Welcome could correct the agreement and still continue to claim?

MAJ you will need to do an SAR - send it to Welcome Compliance. and see what else comes up.

Here is the link to a template for the SAR.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?262417-Suggested-SAR-temp-for-Welcome.

We need to get hold of the under writing sheet for insurances.

Concerning the insurance did you agree to have them included?

Did Welcome do a needs questionnaire with you?

Hmm - so does this mean that Welcome could correct the agreement and still continue to claim?

It means a court can make it enforceable. You will have to argue that it seriously disadvantaged you. I am still perplexed by the interest amount, probably the interest percentage is wrong but if the number of repayments are wrong, IMOH that is a very serious disadvantage.

There is also some minor layout mistakes and knowing Welcome, they do not send out valid DN's. It all add up!!

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One

So we have an amount of credit of £1495 made up of 1000 cash and

Notice the insurance

Welcome have it at £ 195 life care 24 (e)

And home care 24 (g) £ 125

i make that a total for the insurance 320 (k)

Why do welcome have it at £495

Ill now decode the agreement