Questionable legality for item return

Tomola
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 827 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody! New here and hope I’m in the right place.

I recently bought a small electrical item online. It was paid for up front and delivered overnight. I want to return it now but the ‘support’ team are demanding I return it to Cambodia at a cost more than the product was itself. 
Is this legal or can I demand it be returned to where from it was delivered? Very confused. 
many thanks! 

Please can you clarify.

Who did you buy it from? If you bought it from an address in Cambodia then certainly would have to return it there.

What is the value of this thing?

Also, when did you purchase it?

Thanks for getting back.

I bought it from a UK website and it was delivered by Amazon logistics (not purchased directly through Amazon). It was £150 bought on debit card unfortunately. I purchased it at the weekend. Bought on Saturday, received on Sunday. 

It’s obviously warehoused somewhere in the UK so I’m wondering who is liable to accept the return or what I can do at all. 

Can you post up the link to the website please

What is wrong with it?

it doesnt cost £150 to post to Cambodia!!

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Urm.... their 30 days refund policy says they send a free postage returns  label

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I know. The website looks fully legitimate, looks UK based, they send a product… so far all above board. The product itself is cheaply made, worth no more than £20 or so. No returns label was sent with it. It looks like a half scam, I guess. 
If indeed it is a scam, I imagine I’ll have to take it on the chin. I did wonder however, if there was any recourse, considering the product is warehoused here, delivered by Amazon logistics, advertised by Google and payment taken in the UK. 

Have you contacted your back about a chargeback?

Go and get a chargeback from your bank, and let Amazon customer service team know of this also, they might actually refund you the purchase price, so worth giving them a call/email, failing that get the refund from your bank.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!