Debt and pension help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 863 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, looking for some help please.

I lost my job in the UK and things fell apart.

My wife is originally from Poland and her parents suggested we move there, which we did two years ago now.

issue is that I owe quite a few credit card debts / overdraft and I am now able to get some of my pension to help us over here. I started a small business here and it’s starting to get to the point where we can pay our own way here, but the pension money will really help.

My question concerns the pension,

is there any way of debt agencies to know about it and try and get it?

The pension company read out a usual t’s & c’s questions and in it they said are you aware that any creditors can come after you for this?  That made me paranoid, thinking do they know and are going to pass info..

They will be transferring money to me next month and we are really worried about this.

I’m trying to get it paid into a Polish account, which they have sort of accepted, but I think it might cause some issues too.

I can’t provide enough I.D proof for address here as we are staying with my in-laws and all bills are in their name.

I have said UK address still applies, but given the Polish bank account. 

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

short ans no. ignore everything.

have you any assets like property in the uk?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

then simply WRITe to each debt OWNER using their ref No. advising them of your correct and current address WHEN its your own place.

ps not sure why you mentioned pension but thats none of their business your income sources.

pers i'd simply write the letter then ignore everyone.

we dont condone debt avoidance but in some circumstances its totally unavoidable.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

who can?

and is the a private pension? 

and they

total BS!

sorry but they want shooting, 

21 hours ago, GSARider said:

is there any way of debt agencies to know about it and try and get it?

25 minutes ago, GSARider said:

The pension company said that creditors can claim against it in the statement they read out.  

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and have

ZERO legal powers on any debt - no matter what it's type.

if debts have been SOLD to DCA's/debt buyers, they are not 'creditors', they are debt owners. - by that comment i will assume they meant 'original creditor'. once a debt is sold the OC plays no further part.

what is this pension company please?

the only way a dca would findout is if they search your credit file and see you have lots of money now, tough luck!! and even if it were paid to a UK Bank a/c too. 

as for a polish Bank A/C , that won't show on your UK file anyway.

what utter utter BS .

name them, let download their T&C's and rip them apart.

dx

and they

It is Scottish Widows. Having read up a bit on it, there was a landmark case where a creditor was trying to force an individual who went into bankruptcy to cash in his pension. The judge ruled that they cannot count that in as assets and force him to do that. However, the judge said if he cashed it in, the creditor could then claim against it. I think the pension companies now advise on this - reading it out to you and asking you to acknowledge that you know this could happen.

I was worried that they may inform the likes of equifax, which in turn could mean they will come after me for it. 

For most of my creditors I have informed them I am unable to make payment atm and not really had much contact since. Interestingly, when we moved I re-directed mail to a friend, who then sends on everything. I read the terms on the Royal Mail website, which asks you to tick a box if you do NOT want your new address details passed to ‘interested parties, which I most definitely ticked. Then six weeks later a debt collector turned up at my friend’s home. He told them I’m not in tge country anymore and said that someone is breaking data protection laws to get his address and he hurried off.

So that’s why I’m a bit paranoid about how all these big companies work.

• Thanks 1

nothing any DCA can do forget about it. they have ZERO legal powers...thats why he left...no mug to fleece here waste of time more like it.

would of been resolvecall i bet!!

SW are WRONG, no DCA can force anything. they'd have to go for a UK judgement and you are not under the jurisdiction total BS.

lloyds have alot to answer for in many areas.

and this was a private pension too!

your Fwding address will be on your credit file regardless 

and they