Should I have included a receipt/proof of purchase with my Currys return?

Mazzh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Returned an item to Currys by their returns service DPD the other day.

I filled out a Currys returns form online, then I received a delivery pick up time from DPD.

The problem is I didn’t include with the package any details like a receipt or anything linking me to the package. 

Their online return info doesn’t mention including any details like receipt/proof of purchase but just to fill out an online form to request a DPD return slot, which I did.

Phoned customer service who said I’d be ok without any details as I've filled the online returns form and have tracking, but I feel as if the can’t really give me a straight answer until they’ve received the package and can link it to me.

I’m just concerned that without these details something will go wrong and I won’t get refunded.

Maybe tracking and filling their online form is enough for them to be able to identify me?

And presumably they have my payment details which I paid by PayPal?

Any suggestions?

• dx100uk changed the title to Should I have included a receipt/proof of purchase with my Currys return?

moved to the curry's forum

paragraphs added to the block of text to enable easier reading on small screens like phones.

who did you order it from in the 1st place?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You should probably come down until you know that things have gone wrong.

However, did they provide a label for you which you then applied to the parcel?

If they did then I expect that you will find that the label had a barcode and a tracking code on it.

Did you take a copy of that label? Do you have a copy in an email or something? If you locate the tracking number then you will be able to understand its progress.

As a matter of interest – why did you you return the item to Currys?

Thanks. There was no label at the time of handing the package to dpd driver but they said they’d put one on and they gave me a tracking number. I’ve checked the parcels progress and it’s still in transit.

Currys online order

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

As long as you followed the retailers instructions for the return – to the letter – then you should have no problems.

I notice you haven't told us why you returned it. Is there a reason for this?

I just changed my mind about the product. Was an impulse buy.

And you’re probably right I did follow their return instructions but just concerned about not getting refunded without receipt included.

I may email them after they have received the item just to check that they still have the item and are dealing with my return and refund.

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

If you are simply returning the item under distance selling rules then there probably won't be any problem.

If there had been a defect then they could easily have been a problem because this is when Currys PC world start to get very stupid about their customers consumer rights

• Thanks 1