LORD ROOFING AND GROUNDS WORKS LTD Refusing to Repair Poorly Laid Driveway and Using Intimidation to Enforce Payment (Second Thread- Front Driveway Claim)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Brief Summary

• 12th March 2021 Contract signed for agreed work to be carried out.

• June 2021 Multiple delays to the work. Problems with subcontractors. Difficulties obtaining supplies and materials. Many attempts to try and ensure work progressed in a timely manner. Hostile communication from Lord Directors and employees /subcontractors

• 18th June 2021 Police informed due to threats by defendant (to remove all work and dig up paving)

• 28th June 2021 Defendant visited property and agreed that there were multiple issues and agreed that work was unacceptable and dangerous

• July 2021 More remedial work carried out. Issues still not addressed to acceptable standard. Defendant advised work now complete and payment required. Defendant refused to engage with dispute resolution. Defendant refused to address issues raised by Claimant.

• 23rd August 2021 Statutory Demand served by Westbury Collections Ltd- now set asude

• September 2021 Correspondence regarding rectifying issues and undertaking work under supervision of engineer who provided report. This was declined and time before court proceedings waived.

• 30th September 2021 Small Claims Court Proceedings initiated

Claim for front driveway- Total £7888.00           Deposit paid-£1,577.60            Outstanding £6310.40

Quote for agreed work attached. Terms and conditions attached.

Please let me know if you require more/less information or additional documents. I have everything available

Thank you

Redacted LORD Roofing and Grounds Works Front Drive.pdf Terms and Conditions page 1 and 2.pdf

Edited by Chipsticks
formatting

Thank you.

But isn't there is some confusion here between the first claim in the second claim. This thread is meant to be about the second claim which hasn't been started yet and yet you say that the claim was started on 30 September and that is one which refers to the smaller claim – the rear patio.

If I'm correct about this then I'm sorry to say but I think we need to start a new thread concentrating just on the one remaining action which is the front patio.

In particular, we need to know what the contracted cost was, the deposit paid which I understand is £1577.60 p and the cost remedial works and how that all adds up to the amount that you intend claim for.

Am I right that you have put the two issues together here?

The summary was the events leading up to this claim. The two claims are separate, but the series of events are similar.

I put the summary to provide the context.

This is the new thread focussing on the second claim (the larger value front driveway), hence the title "(Second Thread- Front Driveway Claim)"

I hope that makes sense. I should have written "first claim commenced on 30th September 2021), and now second claim is to be prepared."

I can't seem to edit the first post now. If you could help me do that it would be great. I was trying to provide context for this second claim rather than just diving straight into it.