old Advant Credit Loan now ACI Debt collectors - passing to Resolvecall Limited for doorstep visit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon,

I'm helping my mum with a debt I thought she'd sorted out - I'll give a bit of background first

- a loan balance of around £4,500 which when payments became unaffordable due to ill health and loss of job, she offered £100 a month.

They accepted this but said it wouldn't reduce the balance, just keep the loan from defaulting. She told them she couldn't afford to pay this indefinitely if the loan would never reduce,

said she would rather stop paying and invited them to take her to court. They didn't, they just added interest etc and when the debt reached £8,500 odd they sold it on.

Now two years later, I'm finding out that ACI debt collectors has been sending her texts and emails which she hasn't replied to, mainly because she's too ill most of the time,

but I suppose also because she's waiting for court so she can set up a real payment plan where payments will go toward the actual debt, but she's told me today that they've sent an email saying that if she doesn't call them within 21 days then "Resolvecall will be instructed to attend your home address to assist you with contacting us to discuss your account" 

What the hell does "assist you with contacting us" mean? they gonna hold her down and hold the phone to her ear?

I'm about to get involved with it now, but I'm hoping I can get some advice on how best to approach this. Its still a year and a half away from being statue barred because she made these reduced payments.

I can't be with my mum, but she's vulnerable and I'm worried about her being home alone if they are going to try and intimidate her.

I've told her not to answer the door if she's unsure, or not to let anyone in, even if they demand it but I'm worried.

Any advice on how best to approach this will be greatly appreciated

Thanks.

KB

ACI are a debt debt buyer/DCA,  who was the original creditor please and when was this loan taken out??

reSolvecall or scotcall as they used to be known (snotcrawl) like any DCA are not BAILIFFS

and have

ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT it's type

ignore them and stay off that phone!! 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It was a company called Avant. The original loan was taken out in Jan 2014 and last payment (think they called it a forbearance payment) was made around March 2017.

I have no intention of calling, was going to email them, but want to know if they are being a bit naughty with the wording "Resolvecall will be instructed to attend your home address to assist you with contacting us to discuss your account" 

Plus, should we request any details from them etc? 

Thanks DX

simply ignore the DCA's until/unless she ever gets a letter of claim (doubtful!)

send Avant Credit an sar .

ACI are threatening a doorstepper (totally powerless) as they most probably know the debt is unenforceable.

why didn't avaNTI take her to court and crush her?? why sell it on for about 10p-£1 to a fleecing debt buyer?

do not engage with ACI nor RC at all.

just to check things - she has not moved since taking this loan out has she?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DX

We will send a SAR.

She has moved since taking out the loan, but Avant were aware of this and although ACI don't put her home address on the emails they send, and have never sent a physical letter they could easily get this info from Avant or her credit record. Do you think this may just be a phising trip they're on? 

Thanks

KB

i would not ever be paying attention too email/texts/phonecalls just block and bounce / reports a s spam the lot.

and they

They may turn up at her door, best option is don't engage with at all but if you open the door just tell them to leave and shut the door whilst filming them so they know they're being filmed, that way they may be less inclined to stand on the doorstep and shout in an effort to embarrass you.

tell them never to return else you'll call police 101.

powerless totally

and they

Avant Credit is no longer accepting new loan applications.

AvantCredit of UK, LLC may choose to sell the ownership of your loan agreement to another company at any time.

If/When this decision is made you will be contacted via Email and postal mail confirming:

- A change in ownership has occurred, including the date this has/will take effect
- How this change will impact you
- Who now owns your debt
- How you can contact the new owner of your debt to agree your repayment structure

A list of the possible companies who your loan could have been transferred to are below. If you have lost the information provided from AvantCredit we recommend you contact them in the order below quoting your AvantCredit loan agreement number so your account can be located.

Perch Capital / ACI-UK Limited (“ACI”) 

How do I contact ACI?
Telephone: 01253 531250 (calls are charged at the local rate but may vary from a mobile)
Email: support@assetcollections.uk
https://www.assetcollections.uk

Oplo PL Limited

How do I contact Oplo PL Ltd?
Telephone: 01253 603960 (calls are charged at the local rate but may vary from a mobile)
Email: pl@myoplo.co.uk
Post: Viscount Court, Sir Frank Whittle Way, Blackpool, Lancs, FY4 2FB
https://www.myoplo.co.uk

For any other questions regarding your Avant Credit loan, please contact us via email on support@avantcredit.co.uk

https://www.avantcredit.co.uk/

So they have two powerless DCA's that they ''sell'' customers debts to, and when they can't collect they farm it out to another powerless clown outfit to threaten customers with computer generated missives, how puerile.

• Thanks 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• dx100uk changed the title to old Advant Credit Loan now ACI Debt collectors - passing to Resolvecall Limited for doorstep visit