Old 2003 £5k GE Money secured loan sold to Elderidge, still £17k after 18yrs of paying & a CCJ - wont explain balance.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a 5,000 secured loan with GE money in 2003 over 15 years. I was paying it back but missed payments for a time and they took me to court. I paid back the full amount outstanding that was owed in the entirety and have since then continued paying the loan back without fail. The loan was taken over by a company called Elderbridge that has an absolutely disgraceful record on line. I then find that I owe £17,000 on this original £5,000 loan - inexplicably after `18 years of paying it. I have attempted to contact Elderbridge on no fewer than 8 occaisions asking them to provide evidence of where these charges came from as even at the current rate of interest being charged on the amount is impossible to realise. They have constantly given me promises after promises that they would provide me with these details - dating back to when the loan was with GE money but have failed to do so every time. I have recorded the conversations each time and have made compaints but get absolutely nowhere with them, no matter whom I talk to. What do I do? Take them to small claims court for the payments made since the 15 year term expired to force them to show where these charges came from? The FCA is a paper tiger and making any claim to them would take years and in my opinion is heavily weighed in thefavour of the banks and lenders and does not work on behalf of the borrower.

I took out a 5,000 secured loan with GE money in 2003 over 15 years.

I was paying it back but missed payments for a time and they took me to court. I paid back the full amount outstanding that was owed in the entirety and have since then continued paying the loan back without fail.

The loan was taken over by a company called Elderbridge that has an absolutely disgraceful record on line. I then find that I owe £17,000 on this original £5,000 loan - inexplicably after `18 years of paying it.

I have attempted to contact Elderbridge on no fewer than 8 occaisions asking them to provide evidence of where these charges came from as even at the current rate of interest being charged on the amount is impossible to realise.

They have constantly given me promises after promises that they would provide me with these details - dating back to when the loan was with GE money but have failed to do so every time.

I have recorded the conversations each time and have made compaints but get absolutely nowhere with them, no matter whom I talk to.

What do I do? Take them to small claims court for the payments made since the 15 year term expired to force them to show where these charges came from?

The FCA is a paper tiger and making any claim to them would take years and in my opinion is heavily weighed in thefavour of the banks and lenders and does not work on behalf of the borrower.

Anyone else have this issue and any advice would be more than welcome as I am wanting to sell the property but have told the conveyancing solicitors to hold back sending payment to them until this is settled.

Im at a loss as to what to do.

I'm sure that my site team colleague @dx100uk will be along soon to give you the necessary advice.

However, you should realise that the FCA does not receive individual complaints. You might have been better off going to the financial ombudsman service – but for the moment wait for my site team colleague.

In terms of getting information from them you should send them an SAR. This is completely free. There is no downside and you should send it off today.
Use our SAR template. Keep the request extremely wide.

Is this a loan regulated by the consumer credit act? If it is then you should also send them a CCA request. Do that today

Good morning.

very typical of these old GE loans and the various scammers they get sold onto.

1st thing is stop pandering to them and stop worrying. Easy to deal with but you need the true info. It will be all manner of unlawful penalty charges and the interest they have caused.

get an sar off to elderbridge and one off to ge money, now Santander.

one last thing..  secured loan, go check .gov.uk land registry site and get your current deeds, who's name shows against now please? And youve obv not moved too?

stop talking on the phone from now on. Put the phonedown stating writing only. From now on.

Was this a joint loan or are you the sole home owner and sole named debtor

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Old 2003 £5k GE Money secured loan sold to Elderidge, still £17k after 18yrs of paying & a CCJ - wont explain balance.