Apcoa sign at Heathrow Airport

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was at Heathrow yesterday dropping off my son and saw that Apcoa are now charging  five pounds to drop off passengers. While I was there i read their signage and was surprised at their 7th rule

Traffic Orders and Byelaws

7.1 The roads within Heathrow Airport, including the terminal drop off areas, are regulated by Traffic Orders and byelaws. Notices specifying such traffic orders and byelaws as may be applicable are displayed at the airport site.

7.2 Nothing in these terms and conditions replaces or in any way derogates from the provisions of such traffic orders and byelaws that may be in force from time to time. We reserve the right to take enforcement action against you [including through court proceedings ] for breach of such orders or byelaws.

What???? These idiots think they can take people to Court for breaching Traffic Orders and Byelaws!!!! What planet are they on. Do they not understand  PoFA? They admit they are operating in an area that is not relevant land but still think they can enforce their own terms there. If anyone gets a PCN from them the first thing to do is tell them they are the ones doing the breaching and please send 250 pounds at least to avoid court action.

Sadly my wife bottled and paid the fiver on the premise that it was cheaper to do that rather than go through months of letters from debt collectors solicitors, uncle Tom Cobleigh etc etc. I should add that she has more parking tickets outstanding than Elizabeth Taylor had husbands. They've all gone quiet over the pandemic so fingers crossed.

no byelaws and any TRO's ....as its general public unfettered access.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...