Text from Lantern regarding CFO debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, 

Ive had a random text from Lantern regarding a debt with CFO lending. I've logged into their portal, and the debt is £300. The last payment was apparently May 2017 (which I seriously doubt).

I believe CFO is/was a payday lender, and I got into a load of debt with many many payday firms around 2010 - 2012. There is nothing on my credit file relating to CFO or lantern. 

I've read they are MMF is a new coat and really don't want to risk a credit file issue. I'm pretty sure I paid MMF for several accounts years ago (again, would have been around 2010/12). The address they have on file is an old address, which I left in 2017.

Should I ignore it, send them a SB letter or take another approach? (I'm pretty sure I would not have made any payments for over 6 years, but only pretty sure).

Thanks

You should have never logged into the portal or system. 

You should have read ignored and blocked the phone number from contacting you

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

had to hide you upload post

docx files have all your pers info in file properties/info

please read upload and use PDF

not a good idea to ignore them and not log in to see either.

send them our SB letter

that will kill 2 birds

give correct address

close them down as its SB'd.

worthy to note...how many others did you run away from?

might be an idea to send the debt owner a simple address update letter.

a debt being SB'd is no guarantee of not getting a backdoor CCJ even for debts of this age..roboclaims see no human eyes.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well now they have confirmed the phone number is correct and yours as you have logged in.  They might call and text you more now. 

I would advise you to block the number now. 

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I meant ignore the text message. Anyone could be the owner of a phone number. I know as numbers do get recycled/used after a while. Some companies its 6 months others its longer. 

If they wanted to contact you then there is always the writing of a letter system. Might be old but has been used for yes with not many issues. 

old address OP has moved.

if he hadn't had logged in found it was SB'd

then MMF would have gone for a backdoor CCJ...its their 100% MO on these and the only thing they now do to make easy money.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Maybe no both in same envelope they cant handle 2 things at once. 

ok well they may do. Not had experience with it. 

yes perfect do it!

dx

and they

1 hour ago, The GodMother said:

Well now they have confirmed the phone number is correct and yours as you have logged in.  They might call and text you more now. 

I would advise you to block the number now. 

and they would thus be breaking the CONC rules quoted in our SB letter and be open to being fined and or pay compensation....

and they