Apple v Capital One **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks everyone :D :D :D

************* Well Done Apple ************

Do you feel like you're entitled the ** WON ** added to the title of the thread now??? LOL.

I won't feel ready to have that ** WON ** until I have the cheque in my clammy little hand .. .actually, until the cheque has cleared!!!

Am a little surprised they have said they'll sent me a cheque for the full amount .. thought they would pay off my balance first, then a cheque for the rest ... but will see what comes anyway. hmmm

Apple x

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CONGRATULATIONS APPLE - the waiting is now over, enjoy your money when you get it, I reckon cap one have done you a favour by ignoring you, wish mine had gone as well, got a letter from them offering money but will not pay contractual, am thinking what step to take next.

I am not really sure why they have 'ignored' it, hopefully they just have too many claims to deal with!, but I tell you it was very hard the last few weeks I began to feel like the whole world was ignoring me!

I get the impression that if you just won't agree they will give in and pay contractual eventually rather then go to court. Will wander to your thread in a bit and catch up.

Apple x

Hey Apple,

Getting the cheque in your hand is a formality, as you have the judgement.

Getting the cheque to clear shouldn't be a problem as CapOne have LOTS and LOTS of our money.

:) Any progress?

Struggling_Simon vs Cabot - WON

Struggling_Simon vs Abbey - WON

Struggling_Simon vs HBOS - Pending

--------------------------------------------

IF I HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Vigilantibus non dormientibus æquitas subvenit

Somper in excretia,som solem profundus variat.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hey Apple,

Getting the cheque in your hand is a formality, as you have the judgement.

Getting the cheque to clear shouldn't be a problem as CapOne have LOTS and LOTS of our money.

:) Any progress?

no nothing yet. Waiting at the post with bated breath every morning :-(

Apple x

Just read through again, I see you did get full contractual paid, they are refusing to pay mine at the moment and so am trying to get as many concluded contractual cases as possible, could you please pm me your court case No. and the court you used. Thanks.

thanks everyone :D :D :D

I won't feel ready to have that ** WON ** until I have the cheque in my clammy little hand .. .actually, until the cheque has cleared!!!

Am a little surprised they have said they'll sent me a cheque for the full amount .. thought they would pay off my balance first, then a cheque for the rest ... but will see what comes anyway. hmmm

Because you got a default judgement they have to pay what you claimed :)

Well ho hum great surprise. they wrote to me saying I'd get a cheque within 14 days but 14 days up now and no cheque.

Time for another snotty missive tomorrow I think :(

Just a thought - 14 banking days is equivalent to 18 of our earth days:D

as they don`t include weekends as part of the working week.

So I would hold off on the bailiffs till at least Friday if I were you.

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- SETTLED IN FULL:eek:

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

Hoorah! cheque finally arrived so off to the bank with it in my clammy little mitt.

unfortunately it doesn't include all the interest due at the daily rate but stops at the date of judgement - I guess it's something like £15/20 short but will have to work it out later when at home and decide whether it's worth pursuing it actively or not. I do want to (in principle) but not sure if I have the energy for all the letters it it's less then £15 or so!

Apple x

Hoorah! cheque finally arrived so off to the bank with it in my clammy little mitt.

unfortunately it doesn't include all the interest due at the daily rate but stops at the date of judgement - I guess it's something like £15/20 short but will have to work it out later when at home and decide whether it's worth pursuing it actively or not. I do want to (in principle) but not sure if I have the energy for all the letters it it's less then £15 or so!

Glad to hear it turned up ok:)

I`ll ask a mod to move your thread into Capital One Successes and change the heading to WON

Enjoy your new found wealth

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

Redsonja had the same problem and I believe she fought to get the amount up until the date she would receive the cheque rather than date of settlement. See her thread for full details.

I imagine most of us will experience this and I for one will do as she did to get what I'm owed ;)

'Fortune favours the brave.'

Any advice given is purely on the basis of my own views and opinions and offered in good faith.

Apple crumbe does look good ;) - the thing is apple would they let you off £15.72, if you could not pay it they would default you on such a small amount and call in the debt collectors. Depends if you want to continue the fight though.

i'd go for the extra, and costs;)

well done

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.