APPEAL PENDING FOR PCN DUE TO UNSEEN ROAD WORK SIGNAGE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a visit yesterday from Newlyn and handed a letter of intent on taking goods Stating that a notice of enforcement for £513 was issued 16/9/21 and were representing Camden council.

This was for a parking offence on the 8 March 2021 at 08:36. The contravention was code 21 which is namely that my car was parked wholly or partly in a suspended bay.

I’m parking the car I did notice there was some placards on the picture signpost I noticed that one head stated that the suspension was lifted at the end of the 5th of March 2021. I have parked the night before, a Sunday night around 10pm In my attention was yours focused on what was immediately in front of me rather than what was all around me down the street as the counsellor pointed out in his response to my appeal.

So much so that I was conscious that the parking charges will recommence on the Monday morning and indeed paid via the Ringo app £17.34 for a parking session commencing 8 March 2021 08:05 a.m. and completed at 12:30 pm - the ticket was issued on the 8 March 2021 at 08:36.

My appeal was sent on the 19th of March 2021 and I received a response on the 31st of March 2021 attach a copy of the redacted version.

The truth is I had thought I referred the matter to the London Tribunal within 28 days of the rejection but I can’t find any record of it.

I have submitted a TE9 to the TEC and held off Newlyn for a day or two.

Of note however is the climb of the demand of money from them. At the stage of the order For recovery of unpaid penalty charge the amount was for £203 pounds dated 10th of August 2021 and then on the 7th of September 2021 notice from Newlands races the amount owed to £278 with a £75 compliant stage fee. A hand delivered letter on 30 September 2021  from Newlyn states the outstanding amount to be £513.

LBC_PCN858A 08-03-21 REDACTED_compressed.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
formatting/spacing only - no issue

This is a local authority case so I've moved to the appropriate forum.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

So, the bay was still suspended when you parked there - according to their reply.

You appealed, they rejected the appeal. So you either needed to pay or refer to adjudication and it looks like neither happened for whatever reason. You received a charge certificate and an Order for Recovery, but I assume you took no further action until the bailiff caught up with you. Is that correct?

Now you are submitting a TE9 it is out of time, so you need to also submit a TE7 explaining why it is out of time, or it will likely just get rejected. I would advise you do that ASAP, along with a new copy of the TE7, but unless you have a reason why it's run on to this late stage without being dealt with, I'm not sure you will have any luck.

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately, due to both my parents who reside in Cyprus being unwell I wasn’t in the country from 18 July - 12 September 2021 which is the period when the notices were issued, I’ll submit the TE7/9 forms as advised. 

If as you say the enforcement order stands is is the level of the fee that  jumps from £203 to £513 from the 7-20 September 2021 correct? The sudden step up isn’t broken down to explain the nature of this addition.

If you submit the TE7, which you definitely must do, make sure you explain fully and convicingly why you were unable to deal with this sooner. You can also attach proof - plane tickets or similar evidence to show when you were out of the country. Whether it gets accepted will be at the council's discretion, so try to be as clear as you can on the details.

The additional costs are bailiff fees for chasing the case. You are entitled to a breakdown I believe, but for now, you need to try and get the whole bailiff thing revoked, so there's no point in looking into that as of now. Just get the TE9/TE7 filled out and sent off soon as you can.

Edited by Jamberson
  • Like 1