not getting £425 deposit back :(

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5695 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Actually I stayed in the property for 2.5 month. After that I have found a tenant for my landlord.

I have moved from the property on 15th march 2008 and my friend has occupied the same property on 17th March 2008. As my friend occupied property immediately, so in this case landlord doesn’t loose any rent amount or any loss.

Now I have paid him full rent for the March month which is £625. As well as I have given £725 deposit before moving into house. My deposit is with DPS (thank god).

So total money I owe is as below

Ganesh owes

deposit

remaining 20 days rent for March

Paid for Tab repair

Now after moving out from the Property Land Owner is saying that he has to repair the Tab and it is costing as below.

Lost agents fees

£312.50

carpet cleaning

£75.00

replacement taps( purchase cost )

£350.00

Plumbers fitting charge

£150.00

Total

£887.50

Lost agents fees

He has paid the 725 pound to agent to find me as a tenant and he is charging half the money to me.

Replacement taps( purchase cost ) and Plumbers fitting charge

In previous mail owner is saying that the Tap polish is removed and now he said that he has replaced the taps and costing as mentioned above. He has replaced the tap for £350 and fitting charges are 150.

I Have not damaged anything and taps are working fine when I was in the property, I am not at all happy with the price which he has mentioned.

2 days back he asked me to sign the DPS form with the above figure and return him 525 pound from deposit and I will only get 165 something...

2 days back, He e-mailed me and said, if I will not sign the joint agreement within 7 days then he will take me in court.

After I replied to his email and asked for receipt, he said I have done everything in emergency so I do not have receipt for the same.

Now would you please suggest in such a Case what I need to do?

I will really appreciate if you could provide me some suggestion. Shall I go in Small claim court or not?

1 more think I forget to mention about my owner is He himself is a Solicitor, So just do not want to do any mistake.

Wating for your reply.

Yashwant

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic