Gas safety certificates not received, does that make the Section 21 invalid?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi 

I feel like every time I come here it's about landlord issues. 🙄

My landlord has sold the house and I was notified of this intention last October. I was served a Section 21 notice on 2nd October which ran out on 3rd April, but the house was only sold around 2 months ago so I agreed with the lettings agency to stay in the property until the buyers wanted to move in. I have had ongoing amicable discussions about what date they'd like me to leave and have asked 3 times in the last 4 weeks for a date but haven't heard anything back, just a 'i'll let you know'

So you can imagine my surprise when i was served with an accelerated possession notice today. I'm actually upset after I have been more than accommodating in allowing numerous full afternoons of viewings, when I had to leave my home, surveys and inspections. 

I don't want to be difficult at all, I never have been, but i dont have anywhere to go yet as it's been very hard finding somewhere with a lack of properties due to Covid. I also feel it's very unfair that I'd be liable for the landlords costs in applying for this order when I was given no notice of this intention! Having checked my rights though, it seems as though the gas safety certificates could invalidate the section 21 anyway. I was given one when i moved in, but haven't been given one for 2020, or for the most recent 2021 one which was actually done 5 months late!

Also the section 21 notice says it is valid for 10 months from 2nd October so does that mean it ran out on 2nd August?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The link was purely for information as to what the current legal position is.....if that's the case what you state then according to the above link then the section 21 is invalid.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread