@ubereats_uk @uberUKsupport - Poor Process and Customer Service

flexeh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon All,

Firstly be careful ordering with Uber Eats. Not sure where to put this, did look for a food section but could not find anything. Technically as its online via the app I thought this would be the best place to post.

Last week, we placed an order for McDonalds via Uber Eats to have to delivered. The driver took about 30 minutes and was polite and presentable (top marks). He handed over the 2 bags from McDonalds and went off on his way. If you haven't had an order before from McDonalds, one bag usually contains the hot food and the other bag contains the cold drinks and any condiments etc. So receiving 2 bags was right. I opened the one bag and saw, our milkshake, a coke and 4 McFlurrys (not all mine, despite loving a McFlurry!). I then opened the food bag and saw an apple pie and top and though, oh they are giving away an apple pie? I then looked closely and found this bag wasn't our food. It contained only 1 item we had the same the rest differed and was about 1/3 of the size of the order. I looked at the bag and saw a receipt on there which wasn't ours and had their own order code.

I called McDonalds who advised me I needed to go to Uber to report and they will sort it with us. I went on the app and chose I have the wrong order and put photos of the bags and receipts. The automated message then said Sorry your not eligible for a refund and offered me to feedback. I was like WTF! I don't have my order or food. The other problem was I had ice-creams and Milkshakes melting as we are not going to be eating those before the hot foot. I tried to message through the app and couldn't get anywhere. I didn't want a refund, I just wanted the food! Kids were getting irritable. 

I managed to find a phone number and gave them a call. I got through to someone who asked for all the order codes etc, he went away and then said Ok we can refund you 60%. I explained I didn't want a refund, I wanted the food. He said he could not place the same order for me to get my food and best he could do was offer me 60%. He said the reason he was limited was due this now being a completed order. I did ask how can I be completed when I haven't had what I ordered, again he said I can give you 60%. I then said If I ordered the same again, Can he then refund the order and deliver me the food as that's all I want. Again 60% was the only response. I told him that's ridiculous, so by his theory If I accept the 60% and then placed my order again, the order is going to cost me 40% more. Didn't get anywhere with him. It got to the stage where he was almost trying to add the 60% to get me off the phone. In the end I said about 5 or 6 times that I do not want a 60% refund on the order, I want my food. Do not add any refund on and I ended the call. The reason why I didn't want the 60% is I thought Uber can then say its resolved.

I then phoned McDonalds again and explained to them what had happened (bear in mind this is at least 30 minutes later) and Ubers response. I asked if I bring this all back with me can they please replace my order, agreed so off I drove to McDonalds. When I got there one of the staff apologised for what happened and was surprised that Uber was offering me 60% and not a full refund so I could reorder. Anyhow another 10 minutes waiting for the food and off I went.

I then tried to raise the complaint with Uber over this, which hasn't got anywhere. They keep responding on social media just to say they have responded. The response is the no refund feedback. I got my food so I am not expecting a refund, But I do want my complaint taken seriously and have a human response! Especially as I had to collect the food myself and finally ate an hour later!. My problem with this is, who regulates this kind of thing, as If they dont deliver what you order then surely the service hasnt been delivered? Stating sorry we cant do anything because the order is completed. I don't see how its complete when you haven't got what you paid for.

I approached Paypal as well initially to ask how potentially I could raise a dispute depending on where this complaint goes. The guy said they don't cover food in their Buyers Protection. So I asked them, is that to prevent people from saying the food was crap/poor quality and wanting a refund? They confirmed it was. So I said but this isn't a quality issue, this is paying for a service which hasn't been delivered, again fobbed off. I checked the Buyers Protection and cant even find the bit they say food isn't covered.

Whole things annoying, I wasn't after a refund just wanted the food. But Ubers process is poor if the order completes whether you have your order or not!

Thanks

The responsibilities with McDonald's. They are the seller and they have the liabilities.

We don't hear very good things about liver customer service. On the other hand McDonald's is generally speaking top quality service because frankly they can't be bothered to haggle about things.

If you want to complain about the then the best thing to do is start hassling McDonald's for compensation which in the circumstances would probably come in the form of vouchers which would be fair enough.

Next time they try to fob you off to Uber, don't accept it. You have to change McDonald's and keep on challenging. Uber relies on McDonald's and so if you make trouble for McDonald's, they in turn will make trouble for Uber – and they are much more powerful than you.

• BankFodder changed the title to @ubereats_uk @uberUKsupport - Poor Process and Customer Service