Argos took funds from my gift cards and they're totally uncontactable

billy_79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Tried to make purchase through their website using a gift card last week. It said there was an error processing payment (no further explanation). So I tried a different gift card, and it did the same with that one. Now I've checked the balances on the gift cards, and argos have debited both of them by the value of the item I was trying to buy (one of). Nor order confirmation text or email, not showing on my account anywhere, so by their records it appears the order never went through despite them taking the money twice.

And now it seems there is no way to contact Argos to try and resolve the matter - their online chat is just a bot that ends the converastion without being any use at all. And their customer services phone number hangs up if you don't have an order number to give it. Where the hell do you address complaints to this catastrophe of a company??

You could try the CEO - simon.roberts@sainsburys.co.uk

Telephone - 01908 789171 (Direct) - 0345 6402020 (Switchboard)

Or the postal address

Avebury,

489-499 Avebury Boulevard,

Milton Keynes

MK9 2NW

Edited by Conniff

At the very least it sounds like an inaccurate data processing in addition to a breach of contract.

If you'd like a bit of fun and a bit of a learning experience, send them an SAR. See what it brings back and in the end will help you sue for the breach of contract and also for distress caused by their inaccurate data processing.

If they fail to let you have the statutory disclosure on time or if it is incomplete then we will add something for the distress caused by that as well.

If this interests you then send them an SAR straightaway. Use our template and keep it very widely worded