Repairer took a part from my vehicle to repair it and now has lost it and ignoring me

Rio01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A bit different

- I have a horse lorry and the step into the living quarters was damaged by myself,

a local guy who operates as a service and repair man for vehicles including horse lorrys came to have a look, he messaged me to say that he was taking my step to repair it and then re fit it ,

he constantly ignored my requests for updates and phone calls and eventually said that the step was at his parents as he had moved , days later he said he couldnt find the step,

I have asked him for money to buy a replacement step which is £260 - this is without the fitting etc, the step he took was sprayed to match the outside of my lorry which is a gold colour so really I suppose I should claim for fitting etc.

He took the step in Feb 2020 and I have been chasing him for a while, he did a service on my lorry at the time and said that he would take the step and fix it and fit it at the same time as doing a gear box service on it which he needed to do at his premises

I chased and chased and never got any response from him.

Just to add, when I first broke the step on the lorry he came out to fix it but approx 1 year later whilst I was driving the lorry the step fell in on itself and ended up under the lorry whilst I was driving, damaging a wheel and bursting the tyre,

on closer inspection he had only cable tied the frame that the lorry step sat in so I would imagine that his faulty repair led to the step breaking again and further damage to my lorry.

What sort of action can I take out on this guy please ?