Quick Car Credit/First Response Finance - faulty car .

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes been doing some digging online one site I found says you shouldn't buy these car as they get these issues and the amount of recalls on these cars and I also looked it says the pressure pump just got around 65,000 miles or after 

worthy of a read..

this thread is now resulted...a win

• Like 2

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Maybe you should write them a letter

Dear Sir/Mdm

You have not responded to my letter of claim dated XXX therefore the clock is ticking and I shall be issuing proceedings against you on XXX date unless you cancel the agreement, make arrangements to recover the vehicle and reimburse me on a pro rata basis to be agreed between us.

In order to settle as much as possible of this dispute before I issue proceedings, even if you do not want to admit liability, I suggest that you let me know what you consider would be a reasonable calculation of a pro rata reduction.

This would mean that when the matter goes to litigation, there will be less to argue about with the commensurate saving in time inconvenience to both of us and also to the court.

At the moment, I calculate that I have paid you £XXX for about seven months ownership of the vehicle – and during which I have clocked up about 6000 miles.

I shall be basing the value of my claim on about 90% of that on the basis that 6000 miles is probably about 10% of what I would reasonably expect to be using of the car before I sold it on.

Of course at the end of this. I would expect to resell the vehicle to recover some of the value. However, during the period of ownership I would also expect to spend money on maintenance and so I'm proposing to set-off maintenance costs against the eventual resale value so that this produces a zero balance.

In addition to the County Court claim that I shall be making on XXX date, I should warn you that I shall be obliged to hire a vehicle and if you have not settled the matter, then I shall add the cost of hire to my claim which will accrue until the date of judgement.

In addition, as you must appreciate I will be claiming interest under the County Court site which is currently calculated at 8%.

As I pointed out, I'm inviting you to make your comments on my pro rata calculation and I accept that you might prefer to make these comments without any admission of liability. That's fine. However, it will not be without prejudice because I shall be showing this letter to the court and any response that you might make.

I'm anxious to show the court that I have tried my level best to have a sensible and adult discussion with you and I invite you to join me in this.

Yours faithfully

If you are happy with this then send it. If you want to make any comments or modifications then let us know.

Also, I think it's almost beyond doubt that you will have to issue the court papers. Have you registered on the County Court money claim website? Are you familiar with the steps necessary to bring a County Court claim?

I'm afraid that is something that you will need to work out for yourself which is why it needs to be done in advance so that you are fully prepared.

You can save your work as you go. Make sure that you identify the name of the finance company correctly. You will have to look at their official website and find out what the registered name is and also their registered address.

You can get most of it done and we will help you with the particulars of claim

Use the finance figure but then go on to point out that you are still calculating other and silly losses such as pro data tax and insurance etc

• Like 1

pro rata tax refund

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

3 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Dear Sir/Mdm

You have not responded to my letter of claim dated 28th june 2021 therefore the clock is ticking and I shall be issuing proceedings against you on 13th july 2021 unless you cancel the agreement, make arrangements to recover the vehicle and reimburse me on a pro rata basis to be agreed between us.

In order to settle as much as possible of this dispute before I issue proceedings, even if you do not want to admit liability, I suggest that you let me know what you consider would be a reasonable calculation of a pro rata reduction.

This would mean that when the matter goes to litigation, there will be less to argue about with the commensurate saving in time inconvenience to both of us and also to the court.

At the moment, I calculate that I have paid you £1,528.87 for about seven months ownership of the vehicle – and during which I have clocked up about 6000 miles.

I would like to make you aware these figures will change after the 14 days to include my calculate of pro rata tax refund and insurance as any change of the finance payments 

I shall be basing the value of my claim on about 90% of that on the basis that 6000 miles is probably about 10% of what I would reasonably expect to be using of the car before I sold it on.

Of course at the end of this. I would expect to resell the vehicle to recover some of the value. However, during the period of ownership I would also expect to spend money on maintenance and so I'm proposing to set-off maintenance costs against the eventual resale value so that this produces a zero balance.

In addition to the County Court claim that I shall be making on 13th july 2021, I should warn you that I shall be obliged to hire a vehicle and if you have not settled the matter, then I shall add the cost of hire to my claim which will accrue until the date of judgement.

In addition, as you must appreciate I will be claiming interest under the County Court site which is currently calculated at 8%.

As I pointed out, I'm inviting you to make your comments on my pro rata calculation and I accept that you might prefer to make these comments without any admission of liability. That's fine. However, it will not be without prejudice because I shall be showing this letter to the court and any response that you might make.

I'm anxious to show the court that I have tried my level best to have a sensible and adult discussion with you and I invite you to join me in this.

Yours faithfully

I did add abit in how does this look please 

Well they had better hurry.

Well they are wrong. Did you record the call? Did you find out who you spoke to? Did they happen to suggest anything such as repairs et cetera?

They should be putting these kinds of thing in writing.

I suggest that you write to them immediately, refer to the call – time and date – and what was said and tell them that you want this response put in writing.

Tell them also that the clock is still ticking on the letter of claim.

No yes it was the person who was dealing with my complaint and they are offering the drivers assistance scheme to me which they loan me 75% off the repairs and I have to come up with the other 25% they won't accept that they are the owners of the vehicle until final payment is made they was saying because im on the logbook as the registered keeper. They spoke to the garage and they told them it's a common fault and it could of happened at any point . They are sending it me in writing and told them time is ticking and they just said okay if you want to go that way 

Are you recording your calls? Have you read our customer services guide?

4 minutes ago, Lil Worthy92 said:

No as im not sure how to and I clicked on the link but nothing comes up 

Well it works for me

Well you have sent your letter of claim. They are being completely uncooperative and unhelpful and so you have set your deadline and you will have to issue the claim you want to make any headway.

If you don't issue the claim then I don't really see a way forward.

Have you registered with the County Court's money claim website yet? Have you started to prepare?

If I haven't suggested it already, I suggest that you send First Response a subject access request.