I bought a LG TV from Curry's and now it has a fault after 19 months....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think we have mis-read your post and thought you were talking about 19 weeks – and not 19 months.

In the first six months, it is correct that the repairers would have one opportunity to repair it after which they would have to replace or refund. However that doesn't seem to be relevant here if you have had the set for 19 months.
On that basis, we have to move to the general provisions of consumer legislation and that is that you are entitled to expect that the TV will be of satisfactory quality and remain that way for a reasonable period of time.

You are completely right to expect that a £400 TV set will last longer than 19 months. I would have thought five years or six years or more would be a minimum expectation.
Imagine if LG or Currys try to sell these TVs and actually advertise them on the basis that it will last you two years before you need any major repair. They wouldn't sell any.

Presumably the opinion you have from the LG engineer is in writing? Why did you go to them first rather than Currys?

If you do have the opinion in writing then Currys are behaving outrageously – but unfortunately, true to form – in raising ridiculous obstacles to your assertion of your consumer rights.

We can help you deal with this but don't expect Currys to come easily. They have become a shocking company in the past few years and you should realise that they will be prepared to spend more money on trying to shirk their responsibilities and to crush you that it would cost them simply to deal with the problem.

However, you will find it very interesting – and of course with our help you will win

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you are using Resolver to try get a solution, then I am afraid that we can't help you any more until the you decide that your complaint through Resolver is getting nowhere.

The people at Resolver get paid. We do everything free of charge. We don't get paid.
I'm afraid we not in the business of duplicating the efforts of some other organisation – and of course getting advice from two places could lead to conflicting advice and potentially cause extra difficulties for everyone.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks