Faulty Samsung tv AO.com

Salford lass
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have a Samsung 65inch 4K tv that is just 4 years old with 4 purple patches on the screen.

a quick google search tells me it’s a very common fault with Samsung.

I bought it from AO.com and I’ve downloaded a template letter which I’ve sent to them as it is less than 6 years old

their reply was for me to get an independent engineers report and if it’s an inherent fault they will either contribute to the fix or a depreciated refund

heres the problem...

due to COVID me and hubby are shielding so can’t have engineers/repair men in,

do I have a limited time to get the report (lockdown is lasting till at least March)

thanks

• BankFodder changed the title to Samsung tv purple patch AO.com
  • 4 months later...

Hi hope this is the right forum

i have a faulty Samsung tv (purple patches on screen) that was 4 years old when I fist contacted ao.com in January.

I’ve been waiting until after lockdown to get an engineers report to confirm that it’s an inherent fault. Unfortunately I can’t get an engineer to do a report (one said because it’s a 65” screen he could do more damage) but did confirm in an email that it’s a common issue that he’s seen many times.

AO are still insisting that I get a paper report that is Vat registered ...what can I do? 
thanks