British Citizen with permanent residency in EU country, rights to work in the UK ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Interesting question for which I cannot find the answer online.  This follows end of Brexit transition period, which has raised questions about employment rights of British Citizens who come to the UK to work, but live in the EU.

There are many British citizens living in EU countries with permanent residency rights in the EU country, who choose to work in the UK for periods of time.  This is simply because they can find employment in the UK which is paid at a much better rate.  So they come to the UK, stay in a bedsit or live with a relative for extended periods with occasional flights back home to their families.

As British passport holders don't need a work visa, would there be any restrictions on employers providing an employment contract to British Citizens, where their family home/residency was really based in an EU country ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I doubt there would be restrictions on their work rights, given their citizenship.

They might not be entitled to free NHS treatment if not “ordinarily resident” in the U.K., 

(even if paying NI while working here, as it is the residence, not NI payment that is the deciding factor), but might be entitled under “reciprocal arrangements” with their EU Country of residence.