MyJar admitted incorrect default. Still not amended.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I defaulted on a MyJar loan in December 2018. As the company went into Administration  in Feb 2019, they never added a default to my credit file. In August 2019 the debt was sold to Lantern who reported a default on my file from then until APril 2019 (presumably stopping due to COVID related staffing issues). However in March 2020 MyJar applied a new default to my credit file.

They emailed me saying:

"In August 2019, your outstanding loan with MYJAR was sold to Lantern Debt Recovery Serviced Limited and we reported this on your credit file from September 2019.
Unfortunately in March of this year, we began reporting again that the loan was still active and in default with MYJAR.
We have now rectified this and your credit file will again show that the loan was sold, from September 2019.
It may take the credit reference agencies a bit of time to process the update that we have sent them, but rest assured this will be completed.
You don’t need to take any action. If you need to contact us, you can do so by emailing us at info@myjar.com. If you need to discuss your outstanding balance, please contact Lantern by emailing customerservice@lanternuk.com or by calling 0113 887 6876." 

However, the default is still on my file 13 months later. Can I get them to take it off? If not, can I complain to anyone else?

The very knowledgable Dx, who will probably reply, has stated in another thread that late reported defaults should simply be removed and complaining to the ICO should achieve this (I hope I'm not misinterpreting). Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

The credit report in question is Transunion, which I think is the only one that shows all PDL activity.

Thats not what ive said..

calendar monthly markers mean nothing

its the date of the registered default via the sending of a default notice.by the the original creditor.

you cant get monthly markers removed.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

its not a default, there has been no default notice issued by the original creditor. 

merely marking a D in the monthly update section , which the debt owner is quite entitled to do, at the end of the day means nothing really and doesn't hurt any score that much.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...