Non delivered items dispute - Merchant threatening me

kodiplod
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a couple of further thoughts along with BankFodder's, whose advice you should follow.

If they do in fact have GPS data, then that data will only be accurate enough to place the delivery driver near, or at best, in your building. It will not be accurate enough to place him definitively at your door and certainly doesn't prove you received the parcel, even if it was pinpoint accurate. Moreover, any GPS trackable services I've ever used tracked the van, not the package itself, which would further dilute its usefulness.

Secondly, if their claim is that your package was delivered, Royal Mail will have a signature from the recipient, which won't be you, right? Unless you gave the delivery company express permission to deliver to someone other than you, then won't liability for the lack of delivery rest with the Royal Mail through their failure to deliver to the correct recipient? To obtain the signature data, can the OP SAR Royal Mail themselves to get it, or on the basis that the company was the Royal Mail's client in this case, would that data only be available to them?

OP, I take it you have knocked on a few doors just to double check nobody else took this in for you and just hasn't bothered to contact you?

• Like 1