VCS Spycar PCN PAPLOC Now Claimform - No Stopping 47) STOPPING IN A RESTRICTED BUS STOP /STAND Robin Hood Airport Doncaster

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

17 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

i think the last line is wrong and should say the defendant pay.

you lost through non attendance

ring the court.

it says you did not supply a phone number.

During the first hearing the judge himself confirmed that he would be ringing me on the same number! Anyway ... I guess there is nothing else I could do now!

You're not stumped yet.

Vitally important - between the first hearing and the second, did you get any order from the court about submitting phone numbers again?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

you'll rarely get an answer this time of day whilst courts are in session all the clerks will be well busy.. try after about 3pm. but before 4pm.

somethings not right here going by your previous posts.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think it's a fair bet this happened.

1.  The judge at the second hearing hadn't been given a phone number.

2.  The judge therefore found for VCS as you were absent.

3.  However the judge was sympathetic to your case and would probably have found for you had you been there.  Therefore the £60 Unicorn Food Tax and interest was not allowed.  You were ordered to pay only the original £100 plus VCS's costs.

4.  The court staff who typed up the order messed it up and it should be "Defendant" in the last line.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

To complicate life further I've just noticed that you were ordered to pay by 13 April - and today is 14 April.

When did you receive this latest court order?

Just spoke to the court and they confirm that they made a typo and will be sending an amended order.

I received it only today on 14th April.

I told them that I never received the supplementary statement from VCS and also that the judge had adjourned for the purpose of me receiving it.

Also that the judge himself had previously stated and confirmed with me that on the 23rd of March he would ring me on the same number that he used on the previous hearing.

They said that I sound like I needed some legal advice to enable me to send an application form of some sort which they could not advise me on as they are not allowed to.

It looks like the court has ballsed up massively.

Can you confirm that, after supplying your phone number for the first hearing, you never received any other court order between the first and the second hearing?

@notpayingapenny - can you please answer the question above.

Cases where the court messed up, rather than the claimant, are extremely rare and I want to flag your case up so other Site Team members with more experience than me can advise on what course of action to take.

However before doing that I want to be sure we've got the full story.

Been away for the day and just returned now. 

There was a letter/order from the court that stated that stated the new court date in which it also stated that I should provide a phone number for the hearing. I did not pay attention to it as I knew that the judge had confirmed during the first hearing that he would ring me on the same number that he had just rung me on. Sounds as though there may be nothing else for me to do now about this case!

Don't give up yet.  Hang on while I call in the cavalry.

What says the cavalry?

I happen to be on payment arrangements on older debts at £1 per month... If I am compelled to pay this £210 could I be able to push it to the same kind of payment because it cannot be given priority over my other already existing debts?

hope you are not blindly paying DCA's. running SB dates to infinity.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There has been very little traffic on the site over the weekend due to it being Easter.

Hang on, hopefully others who know the court system inside out will pop in soon.

In the absence, at the moment, of input from others, two things.

Firstly, can you upload the court order you received between the two hearings.

Secondly, I see the name of the judge is on the judgement order.  Does the name ring a bell?  Is it the same judge as the first hearing?

I have had information from the Cavalry, and will write later as I'm at work now.

Please answer the questions above when you get a minute.

On 18/04/2022 at 16:53, dx100uk said:

hope you are not blindly paying DCA's. running SB dates to infinity.

It might look that way for the moment but I do have an exit plan in my back pocket which I will pull out when the time is right..... just didn't expect more debt just showing up for someone who just siphons money they did not earn!

8 hours ago, FTMDave said:

In the absence, at the moment, of input from others, two things.

Firstly, can you upload the court order you received between the two hearings.

Secondly, I see the name of the judge is on the judgement order.  Does the name ring a bell?  Is it the same judge as the first hearing?

Searching frantically for the order I received between the hearings and will scan an upload soon as..... 

Not quite sure of the judge's name but maybe when i find the order I will establish the link.

Attached is the notice they sent me for the 23 of March. I did not pay attention to all the details of the instructions because I expected that it was just a confirmation of what the judge had said in December. I noted the date and time and ensured that I was available in the country and ready to receive the call as expected.

Note that VCS never sent me the supplementary witness statement that caused the adjournment to take place to begin with - and I phoned as well as emailed the court plus sent a hard copy of the same email to the court by post and they never responded or took any action about the  fact that I was not served with the supplementary statement.

Also attached is the adjournment with the order for VCS to send me the statement that I never received.

23 march notice.pdf 23 march notice page 2.pdf Adjournement 1.pdf

2 hours ago, notpayingapenny said:

Searching frantically for the order I received between the hearings and will scan an upload soon as..... 

Not quite sure of the judge's name but maybe when i find the order I will establish the link.

Judge's name is different from the one on initial hearing. I wonder if some mischief was involved in removing the other one?

post the full docs please not just a part of a page or one page if they are multipage ones

makes things far too difficult to understand properly ....Inc their dates too

dx

and they

2022?

again a silly mistake which is why we ask to see the FULL pages of everything put up minus anything that can ID you to them>

and they

I asked for info from "the Cavalry" AKA Site Team members who know the court procedure inside out.  And it's not good.

LOST COURT CASE

As you'll have guessed, you should have followed the court order.  Anything verbal means very little, especially as the judge can be changed between court hearings (this is just normal procedure, nothing mischievous).  The court order does state "The Court will not search the file for numbers used for previous hearings" in block capitals.  It is possible to apply to set aside judgement, but that would cost you £275 which you'd never see back, and the application would likely be refused.

CCJ

Not only have you lost the case but you didn't pay within the time period set by the court which means you have a CCJ and your credit file is knackered for six years.  Whether you pay or not is irrelevant - you didn't respect the time limit.  Paying wouldn't help.  Now here it is the court's fault as you received the judgement order after the date you were supposed to pay by.  I'm thinking you could write a letter to the judge asking for more time to pay, which although not the "right" way to do things (a) can't harm you and (b) we have had success that way recently with someone who lives abroad getting her case hearing format changed.

However, before we go down that road, have a think about the options.  Having lost the case, which is the least worst option for your between

- paying the fleecers their £210 and getting rid of the CCJ, and

- not paying the fleecers and being stuck with a CCJ for six years.

You could simply not pay, we've never seen a PPC ever enforce judgment for a single ticket, but it depends on how detrimental a 6-year CCJ would be.  Have a ponder, but not for too long, and let us know.

Edited by FTMDave
Typo

I got the updated ccj today which I am now attaching together with a fuller order from december.

I will ignore the fleecers and i will not pay a penny because I do not need or use much credit anyway. Alternatively I could let the fleecers join the other creditors who have been receiving a token payment of £1 per month since 2011 when I was widowed and quit my job back then to look after the kids ... 

Judgement.pdf Notice of hearing.pdf

45 minutes ago, notpayingapenny said:

I will ignore the fleecers and i will not pay a penny because I do not need or use much credit anyway.

You've answered my question.  So just don't pay.  There's not a lot the fleecers can do.  We've never, ever seen them try to enforce a CCJ for a single ticket.  Even if by some horror you were the first out of hundreds of people, you would be notified by the court first.

So although you "lost" they are not getting their money.  Plus, they will have paid a solicitor's fee for half a day in court - for nothing!

The two things may or may not be connected, but in a famous case some years ago VCS's bod was threatened with imprisonment by the judge.  Fast forward to today and they always pay an external solicitor to represent them in court rather than using their own people who prepare their Witness Statements.

45 minutes ago, notpayingapenny said:

Alternatively I could let the fleecers join the other creditors who have been receiving a token payment of £1 per month since 2011

No, don't pay, even at £1 a month.  The CCJ disappears if it's paid off in time.  After the deadline, if you don't pay the CCJ is there for six years, if you pay the CCJ is there for six years.  There's no point in paying.

That's interesting!

So if I stopped paying even the £1/month on the other debts that I have been paying and they have been sold off several times to other debt collectors there is absolutely nothing that they can do about them now since they are older than 6 years and their CCJs long fell off the records?

I will definitely not pay the fleecers anything.

Should I expect the same old chain of threats from debt collectors going on and on for the several years to come?

Been there before so it does not scare me one bit now!

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

if you are paying any debts subject to a CCJ.... that keeps future court enforcement options on the table.

those without a CCJ , all you are doing is running the SB date to infinity.

but you always must inform in writing only your debt owners of your correct and current address else you risk backdoor CCJ's.

• I agree 1

and they