style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Great site, well done all.

Sorry to sound so thick but I have read some posts and there are mentions of defaults being placed on accounts.

What is a default?

What happens when the bank issues you with one?

Looked around the forum and everyone seems to be clued in as to what a default is.

Once again, sorry for being so thick.

John

Hi John, welcome to the forums.

There is a 'debt - glossary of terms' in our FAQs - LOOK HERE

I compiled this some time ago, so if there is anything you think is missing, let me know

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

This appears to be the only thread dealing with default, but asa a newbie, I am not sure whether I should be starting a new one or not. Anyway here goes!!

I have been served default notices by other creditors thanks to my bank (Natwest) not paying a direct debit due to insufficient funds CAUSED BY THEIR EXCESSIVE CHARGES! A classic chicken & egg or is it cake and eat it situation!!

What I would like to know from one of the esteemed and knowledgeable writers on this forum (suck!!) is - once Nat west have paid me back their charges (accepted liability) can I then get Nat West to get these other creditors to remove the default notices on my credit history?

I am about to send first letter to Nat West. Do I use the first one or can I go straight for DPA?

Regards

Chris Roberts

The answer is, yes you, as part of your settlement, can get them to remove the default notice - the will kick and scream like the children they are, but in the end it will happen.

Also, you will NEVER get them to admit liability - ever!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Thanks Dave,

sorry to labour the point, but I know I can get Nat West to remove their default notice (as mentioned in another thread) but are they likely to agree that their charges caused another default with a different company and hence assist in getting those notices removed.

:confused:

Thanks,

Chris Roberts

They wouldn't agree, but who knows if a judge would...?

The onus would be on you to show the balance of probability is weighed in your favour, so I would imagine this would take a hell of a lot of information from that period.

If it is something you feel VERY strongly about, and you feel you could go most of the way to proving it, then I suggest you start a new thread on that subject.

Also, have a look in FAQs for the first sticky (DPA and Defaults). Will take some reading though...

Cheers

John

• Confused 1

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks