MOT fail not recorded

seePyou
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took my car for an MOT early at 08:00. I was first in, no other work, the appointment had been made a week before, so I was told it would be done immediately.

After an hour I got a call that the MOT had failed with back bushes cracked and front suspension work (which I currently do not remember - nor do I have a record for as I will explain).

I told them then to do all work needed for the car to pass MOT, as I have to by the laws around a failed MOT, the parts and labour would be around £700

I went to check the MOT database but did not see my failed MOT, just the pass from last year. I called them again and asked why I can't see it. They said that it will be recorded shortly.

Later that afternoon they then call me and tell me it's all ready and it will be £500+ now, since they reviewed it more closely.

I check the MOT database again and all I see is a passed MOT. No failed MOT has been recorded. That is why I cannot tell you exactly what they have fixed. I still have not gone to the garage.

I thought a failed MOT has to be recorded by law.

I'm suspicious of this.

Am I right to be suspicious?

Others will need to advise you on whether there is any wrong-doing here, but I can tell you from experience this appears quite common.

More than one garage I've used follow a similar process; cars are scheduled to arrive for MOT during the morning and are all tested and notes taken of any failure points. Assuming repairs are authorised, they're carried out and a pass recorded. If they're not authorised for immediate rectification, the fail is recorded.

I've never had any cause to complain about it myself, it always struck me as a reasonably sensible way to go about it. It certainly assists the garage in organising their workload; tests can be completed one after the other and then the ramps are free to accommodate repair work for the remainder of the day. As it's the same garage completing the repairs your vehicle doesn't need retested, only the repairs verified. 

Very normal practice. Had that loads of times.

now if you are in a roundabout way actually trying to prove the repairs where necessary or even done is another matter.

however you appear and i would agree that your garage is trustworthy else you would not continually use them so nothing to doubt them on there either.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I agree with what's been said above.

Just to add, if they didn't carry out the work straight away, they would have recorded the failure and issued you with the failure notice.

Boris

Frederickson - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Lost - Claiming back from post office

Connaught Collections - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Lowell - CCA sent 11/4/07 - No agreement - returned to client

Moorcroft - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Red Castle - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Copy returned but no T&C's

Robinson Way - CCA Sent 16/5/07

Thank you all! It's good to verify that this is quite normal, as I could only have a limited experience and sample size. Limited friends and myself had not heard of this being done.

Thank you.

Actually that's incorrect they do fail I've had headlight aim fail and sorted and I've had ball joint and other parts fail and showed mot fail 

But if you think garage are doing a fast one I either goto the garage and check myself or ask to see the old parts 

If a garage say it failed you end up asking how much to fix then they fix and do new mot if you can afford or not worth it

Edited by ukshane4life