Croydon Council 2/1/20 51j PCN - now bailiff NOE - all previous correspondence sent to wrong address - PE2 help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,  Advice needed please, and gratefully received.

My son received the above letter that was addressed to him at the wrong address from Whyte & Co. Enforcement Services on behalf of Croydon Council during Xmas week 2020 (someone had  handrwritten the correct address on the incorrectly typed letter and posted it through out letter box).

It's a 51J penalty charge  which occurred on 2nd Jan 2020 - yes, over a year ago. Issued by Northampton County Court.

This was the first time any correspondence had come to the house.

I have contacted Whyte on his behalf (be email only) to let them know he won't be paying them anything as it is 'out of time',  incorrectly addressed, and to refer it back to their Client for review.

They refused to refer it back to Croydon Council and are insistent they will enforce the order even though I have contacted the Council directly myself.

I understand there is a witness statement Form PE2 that he can fill in to have this put aside. I've also read online that alot of these fail because they're not filled in correctly. I'd really appreciate any help with completing this accurately

Many thanks again..

form-pe2-eng.doc

You simply state you have not received anything prior to bailiff action.

why did he not get the PCN..failed to update dvla v5c...??

though the reason is somewhat immaterial as long as it is true and the pcn was sent to anywhere else bar his current verified residential address

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Croydon Council 2/1/20 51j PCN - now bailiff NOE - all previous correspondence sent to wrong address - PE2 help

Hi,

I think they've been using the wrong address all along.  They even admitted the address they used was the nearest 'match' on their trace system.. I think it was a typing error somewherere along the line.. he has a lease car, and his driving licence is up to date.

Many thanks,

Well it must have been given wrong by the lease companyas they would have to have informed the council of the hirer's address by law on the pcn sent to them.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...