Work Parking Fines and who is on the hook?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I have to deliver time-critical equipment to a variety of hospitals around central London. It's been accepted for a long time (over 6 years), although nothing in the actual original contracts of employment, that any fines incurred due to crap parking/speeding/general bad driving shall attach to the driver who was driving the registration plate of the truck at the time the infringement was occurred.

However,

Recently a few times I've been ordered in the moment on the phone to park on double-yellow lines to make the delivery due to the negligence of the hospital security locking gates.

I want to put in writing to management that "of course my dear overlord sirs, I shall park anywhere ye request me to, however, I shall also humbly request that any fine I get shall be paid out your purse and not mine!" (You get the drift of the style of management, yes?)

I don't want to paint a target on my back, but I feel they're being unreasonable expecting me to park where it isn't safe. Of course the answer is clearly "well talk to them", but it's not as simple as that as most of the other drivers are Eastern European youth who are so replaceable (as I am too) that any complaints we'll get the bum's rush, so they keep quiet.

Any legislation or employment law I can quote here people please?

Ta.