Post office not taking change and creating a barrier when trying to add to Post Office savings account

mrbounce
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a post office savings account, which I have started using as we saved lots of £2 coins over the last couple of years which has amounted to a few thousand, and have been trying to bank it at the post office. 

Most post offices only take 10 bags of change so was bagging it up and taking to bank, but none of them seem to take change anymore so finding it difficult it bank it.

I know why they won't take it as they don't get paid much for it, but they are kind of putting up a barrier for me to be able to save. 

Would this be a reason to complain? 

Hi MrB,

Banks have been increasingly unwilling to take more than a few bags of coins at a time in recent years.

I would take bags to the PO, on the basis that you are at least looking to invest in their savings account.

Let us know what happens ...........

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

This is what we say, and obviously haven't taken all our change in one go, but we have had so many different reasons... 

We can't take £2 coins anymore as we have had a message from the Post Office not to take.. Really? When contact the post office via social media they say it isn't a case.... 

When banking some coin with notes another office said they are not taking coin (even though its bagged up) because of covid... I said you taken the notes..? They said notes is OK just not coins because of covid... 

Another office just said they don't take coin full stop as too much hassle... 

Because of this have to travel further to goto an office that takes it (depending on who's on)... 

Well if they're becoming a nuisance, we would be happy to take them off you by way of a donation – so don't think you're stuck with them 😀

Creative thinking @BankFodder but just don't ask Hermes to deliver the bagged coins to CAG's office 🤣

• Haha 2

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)