Car insurance refused to pay out.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I didn’t go through with it as the lawyer from indemnity legal told me I never had a leg to stand on. 

I sent them the SAR for the Supposed call of my renewal, where when asked if everything on my policy was Still the same. I apparently replied yes. Now I can’t remember anyone from my insurance even calling me at all.

I was told by indemnity legal that if I said I had spoken to my brother and he told me everything was fine. Basically lie. I would of been paid out. 

I phoned a few different Insurance lawyers after that to try get further advice. One got back to me and said they work with go skippy so can’t advise me on it. 

so yeah I just gave up in the end.

Who is Indemnity Legal?

When did you send them the SAR? Can you post up a copy of the SAR that you sent please.

Did you get any response to it at all?

They are the insurance lawyers I contacted about the claim.

I just told them I wanted to do an SAR for the call over the phone.

I asked for 3 separate calls to be sent to me. One for the renewal call and 2 others.

They sent me 2 calls which I asked for via email. The only one they didn’t send me. Was the call of my renewal. Where I apparently said yes to all details remaining the same on the policy.

Is indemnity legal a firm you were introduced to by the insurer?
I asked you if you would please put up a copy of the SAR that you sent so that we can see it.

When they supplied you with the partial disclosure, was there a covering letter? Could you post it up please. And when you receive the partial disclosure, you didn't contact them or complain about the fact that it was incomplete?

I suggest that you start again by sending them an SAR.

However, I think that in the SAR, you should make it clear that although this is a fresh application, you note that you previously made an application dated XXX and that they failed to comply in that the disclosure they made was incomplete. You should remind them that this is a breach of statutory duty and that it may be subject to a complaint to the ICO or more serious action in court.

Tell them that in respect of this fresh application, you want everything that they have about you on any matter and in any form. Use our template and modify accordingly.

Do not send SAR requests where you specify precisely what you want. That limits it too much and it means that they may have other information which is relevant but they feel that they don't have to provide to you because you haven't specifically asked for it.

You should leave your requests wide open so that they have no basis for any trickery interpretation

Ok do I send this via email to go skippy itself or to Somerset bridge the underwriter? 

This might be a silly question but what template? 

Thanks you for trying to help me i really appreciate  It. But I am truly rubbish when it comes to stuff like this. Writing letters etc. So apologies in adavance.

Well if you click on the link SAR <<<then you will find the template and also other information

Send an SAR to the insurer and to anyone else you think is likely to have information – which probably means the insurer. Wasn't it the insurer that failed to comply with the SAR before?