Bought a new garage door - retailer wants to remove it as they think I will never be satisfied

blue_eyes777
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I had a garage door supplied and fitted in May and to cut a long story short, there was a long list of issues to sort out after installation. The company have returned a couple of times but they have now said that I will never be satisfied so they will come and rip out the door (they have already removed my old one and disposed of it) within 4 weeks and that I must engage another company to come and fit a door for me on the same day.

I purchased it with a deposit and the rest on 12 months IFC . I thought that the payments had already started but the finance company advised me not to sign a certificate of satisfaction until I was satisfied. I told the door company that I would sign it but still state I was dissatisfied with the cosmetic look as the garage door does not lie flush with the outside brickwork and inside, there is evidence of poor workmanship. my next door neighbour's garage lies flush with the wall. The company have said "The garage door has been installed in this position to allow the operation of the door to be used for its full capability. "

I am currently waiting for them to come and put a new handle in the door as the handle has fallen off. I have attached some photos of the door.

My question is - can the company come and remove my door and leave me without a door?

I don't want a refund  - I just want them to realise that I am not happy with the way it looks but I do want them to be paid. I have already called 5 other companies who have already
told me I must wait months due to needing a survey, the door having to be made and then installed.

I don't understand why you can't post the pictures the right way up and in a way which makes it easy to see them and understand them. Rather in the way that you'd like them presented to you if you are trying to help someone.

No they can't just remove the doors – and if I were you I would write to them and put them on notice that any attempt to remove the doors will be a trespass and will be subject to legal action. Send them a letter by special signed for delivery.

You could also send them an email.

Your finance company advise you not to sign the certificate of satisfaction. Yet I gather that you decided that you wanted to go against their advice and sign it. Have you signed it? Why?

I don't understand why it takes months to get an independent survey done. This will certainly be a necessary step. Can you tell us why it takes so long.

I'm removing the photos and maybe you'd be kind enough to post them again but this time so they can be viewed properly.

It's quite possible, as you have paid a deposit, that the garage doors are legally yours at this moment. A lawyer would need to read the small print to be sure (there could be a 'reservation of ownership' clause) but the fact that the price hasn't been paid in full yet doesn't necessarily mean they aren't legally your property now. You own them.

So if they turn up on your land saying they are going to rip them out make clear you consider that to be (amongst other things) criminal damage and you will call the police. The individual staff who turn up could be prosecuted, it's no defence for them to say their employer told them to do it, not after you put them on notice that you are the owner of the doors.

Edited by Ethel Street

tort of trespass.get off my property

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

By the way, what is the name of the garage supplier/installer. We may as well all know who we are dealing with.

Hi all - sorry about the photos - I willt ry again later but they are orientated the right way  on my PC.

Just to clarify, the company said:"Please therefore confirm a date within 4 weeks from the date of this email for me to book our engineering team to come and remove the door. This allows you sufficient time to commission another company to replace the door on the day we remove ours. On this day, we will process the refund required back to you."  Apologies if I created the wrong impression by saying rip out the doors but they did give me a 4 week deadline.

Edited by blue_eyes777

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks