@247homerescue broke glass oven door

Mazzh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well they must have it down as a Neff for some reason or other. I suggest that you send them an SAR straightaway. You could also phone them and say that you would like a copy of your application form by email – and they might send that to you and that would save a lot of time.

In the meantime you don't have an oven and frankly I would suggest that you make arrangements to buy a replacement of them and then we will try to help you sort out some kind of reimbursement once we know more about how the application was made and why they think it is a Neff.

I think that the fact that they appear not to cover Miele is going to cause some difficulties although the negligence by their repairer shouldn't be affected. Did you get the name of the repairer?

Also, I asked you when you first took out the policy and I'm not aware that you have told us

Appliance Package Premium 7  £22 pm

image_2020-10-06_121646.png

https://247homerescue.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/pdf/appliance_cover.pdf

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Seems misleading when you have to click " Not covered" yet it states your plan covers electric ovens...every oven ever manufactured except 

Miele appliances, coffee maker and ladder fridges

Does " Miele appliances" include electric ovens ? :biggrin:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Yes, that crossed my mind as well. It seems to me that appliances include ovens.
Looking at one or two dictionaries, I see that kitchen appliances includes ovens:

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/kitchen+appliance#:~:text=Noun,appliance for disposing of garbage

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/kitchen-appliance

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cooking_appliances

I'm sure that they will use the exclusion to try and deny liability for everything. I'm sure that the best thing to do is to quietly gather evidence and see what really happened – and then make the claim.

I don't see that there is any special urgency - but as I've already suggested, I would urge the OP to go out and buy replacement oven and then will see how much money we can get back for it once the SAR has been satisfied – or the application form has been obtained by other means.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the OP as to when the cover policy was first taken out. I don't know why we don't have an answer to this yet. It could be significant if they have recently changed their terms

20. GENERAL EXCLUSIONS :mod:

w. Any damage caused by the approved engineer in gaining access to the home due to the failure of the locks or removing an appliance or any equipment from its operation position in order to affect an emergency repair

Well the damage to the appliance is an unenforceable term

Sorry but there’s something I didn’t explain from the start.

A few months ago the oven door handle had come loose and one of the screws popped out on fell out into the slight narrow gap between oven and cabinet casing that can be seen when oven door is opened. screw fell under oven. door handle was left hanging down vertically On one side by one screw.  I told repair guy to be careful of handle but he blamed the breakage on the handle.

My husband just came home and the company phoned him earlier and said the repair guy admits breaking glass but it was down to the loose handle.

It seems strange that the handle could break the glass but I suppose it’s our word against his. What about the fact that our appliance is listed with them as neff?

We mentioned from the start it was Miele and have corrected them since when we noticed the report mentioned Neff. Surely they’re in the wrong for dealing with this if they don’t cover Miele appliances. They shouldn’t have agreed to come out and look at oven.

Seems strange that the OP opted for this service when I cant see any provision for the application to ask what make and model of every appliance the consumer wished to be covered.

Im sure that 247homerescue wouldnt inadvertently enter the model as a Neff for the agreement to proceed...would they ?

Gets worse....

5. WHAT IS NOT COVERED

There are certain conditions and exclusions which limit your cover. Please read them carefully to ensure this service agreement meets your requirements for this form the basis of our service agreement We do not wish for you to discover after an incident has occurred that you are not protected for this incident.

17. DAMAGES

We will take all reasonably practicable steps to avoid damaging your home during the course of your repairs. We will fill in any holes and reassemble fittings and features as required but will not replace or repair any damages that were caused by the existing fault. We will only be liable to recompense you for damages caused by negligence of our engineer or instructed engineer. If damage is caused by the 10 manufacturers engineer we will not be held responsible. By agreeing to a repair, you accept that some slight property damage may be an inevitable consequence of the repair.

https://247homerescue.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/pdf/appliance_cover.pdf

If you read our customer services guide and find a way of recording your calls, you might then try to have a gentle – very friendly call with the repairer again and direct the conversation in a way in which he agrees that he broke the door.

Once you have that then we can move forward. At the moment I think you are in difficulty because you don't have any concrete evidence and so it will simply just get very complicated over a six year old oven which it seems really shouldn't be covered by the policy.

Although this is the third occasion that I'm asking you when was the policy first taken out – you haven't answered so far and I'm getting a funny feeling that you don't want to tell us

15/11/19 was when we took the policy out with them. And we have the £12.99 cover with them.

https://247homerescue.co.uk/second-step/?groupID=7&planName=24|7 Boiler Basic&excessValue=95&paymentFrequency=12 

This policy doesn’t cover appliances but it does cover electrical problems and we thought that the problem with the oven was caused by the electrics as the fuse blew when we turned the oven on. that’s why we contacted them.

Thats for Boiler Care and Central Heating...the electrical emergency cover would not cover your appliances. 

I agree. You wouldn't be covered. However, 247homerescue seem to have disregarded that and they have sent someone out to deal with your oven – and presumably they knew that it was an oven.

I agree that you wouldn't be covered but on the other hand they sent out an engineer who broke the glass. The fact that he broke the glass has nothing to do with the applicability of the policy or otherwise.

I think you are in a position where you need to get evidence – by a call recording – that he broke the glass. Then you can proceed.

they came out because we thought it was an electrical fault. Then they shouldn’t have proceeded to work out the £657 cost of repair and deem it to expensive to fix if we’re not covered for appliances.

Yet I don’t understand how they even worked out £657 with the incorrect model?

they should have told us that it isn’t an electrical fault and we’re not covered by appliances and say that they don’t deal with Miele.

But did they......

Our Miele oven stopped working and tripped fuse. As we have boiler and electrical cover with HOME RESCUE  we called them and they arranged for a call out from 0800 REPAIR COMPANY costing £95 for call out.

Or did you Mazzh ring them and arrange it after they provided a Third Party Engineer phone number ?

The devil is in the detail :biggrin:

No we got in touch with 247 homerescue who arranged an appointment with an engineer. The confirmation text was from 0800 repair.

£95 we paid was with 247 homerescue for excess

Good that clarifies that point.....

So back to my previous post....

17. DAMAGES

We will take all reasonably practicable steps to avoid damaging your home during the course of your repairs. We will fill in any holes and reassemble fittings and features as required but will not replace or repair any damages that were caused by the existing fault. We will only be liable to recompense you for damages caused by negligence of our engineer or instructed engineer. If damage is caused by the 10 manufacturers engineer we will not be held responsible. By agreeing to a repair, you accept that some slight property damage may be an inevitable consequence of the repair.

1 minute ago, Mazzh said:

£95 we paid was with 247 homerescue for excess

So not a call out fee as per your initial post ?

Our Miele oven stopped working and tripped fuse. As we have boiler and electrical cover with HOME RESCUE  we called them and they arranged for a call out from 0800 REPAIR COMPANY costing £95 for call out.

Yet as the oven fault was not electrical and we don’t have appliance cover with them they proceeded to Quote an unrepairable figure based on an oven model that doesn’t exist.

Yet when we corrected them and told them it was Miele after they looked at oven they didn’t even say they didn’t deal with Miele appliances.  despite breaking oven door which I doubt will get resolved they haven’t dealt with things correctly.

Then you either...... kick them into touch.....unless you wish to retain the agreement for your Boiler/CH.....Request a refund of the excess as the repair never happened.Request compensation for the damaged glass (that could go towards the cost of a replacement oven)This policy was never suitable for the type of claim you made.

Get the parts yourself as per the links I have provided earlier...and do it yourself...its really quite simple to fit an element and replace the glass.

Or scrap it and get a new oven ...not necessarily a Miele or a brand new one..reconditioned are quit good and cheap....simply measure the opening in the housing unit to make sure the replacement will fit....some newer ovens can now be connected with a 13amp plug and lead but if its a 30 amp direct wire its a simple task for a competent person or friend  otherwise get a tradesman to connect it.

Andy

Frankly I'm struggling to make head and tail of it all. It seems to be a mess. I don't understand why a colour scheme was taken out which doesn't include ovens and yet home rescue seem to have it on file that there is a Neff oven. And that they proceeded to send someone out to repair the oven even though it wasn't covered.

I think if you're going to have any of anything, then you need to get the evidence which means an SAR and also a recorded call with the engineer. If the engineer self-employed or working for a company?
Your best target will be home rescue if you can get the evidence. On the other hand, you can decide that the whole thing is too much of a complicated mess and decide for an easy life as suggested by my site team colleague above