CCJ on address

Edisoneb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1332 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bit of a strange one but here goes,

my brother split with an ex wife and was kind of sofa surfing but I let him use our address for post.

She took him to court over the house, possessions Etc and I’m 99% sure she has won this.

Letters come now and then and I hand them over to him not really asking any questions or for a forwarding address as he just says he’s staying with friends still till he house sells. 

we’re in the process of moving house

I’m just wondering will this have any impact on anything?

Would the ccj show up on land searches or anything like that?

I understand it isn’t the best situation and I have repeatedly asked him to find somewhere else for them to go but they keep coming, and I have thought about just putting no longer at this address and returning but it’s a difficult situation as it is still family and don’t want to make it all worse. 

thanks

my brother split with an ex wife

??? – Really? How many others were there?

Anyway, if there are any CC J's and they will be in his name and I don't expect it will make any difference to you at all. The one thing that you might want to be worried about one day is if there is an attempt at enforcement which ends up with enforcement officers at your address. This could cause you problems whilst you try to assure them that you are not your brother and that none of your brothers belongings are at your address and that it simply an address for correspondence.