Change of hours after furlough period.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I hope someone can please offer some advice.

I work in a small retail outlet, prior to the COVID lockdown there were around 10 on the payroll but most of us do part time

so at any one time there were probably 4 to 5 of us at work. For around 5 years, I have been doing a set number of hours lets say A to B and they suited me and my circumstances..

When Boris did his first number 10 speech back in march, I was quite worried and so was my daughter, I decided to go on furlough to see how things would pan out. 

Where  I worked stayed open because it fell under the essential category. 

My boss wasn't that pleased but accepted i was furloughing.  I furloughed for a month or so, after this I decided to return to work as COVID wasn't some sort of Science Fiction

its the end of the world scenario.  The number of staff at work had been reduced ( on furlough) and we maintained social distancing.

When I was on my short furlough, a colleague did my A to B hours.  Prior to COVID, this colleague did hours - lets say C to D.

On my return to work after the short furlough, I was doing my colleagues C to D hours.  At the time, I accepted this swapped hours situation because things were still relatively

up in the air.  But now the payroll has settled down ( some took voluntary redundancy ),

the time slots have also settled down but my colleague is bent on keeping my old A to B hours, she is quite vocal and it seems the boss goes along with it.

Is there anything I can do..

thank you

Edited by blipvert
grammer