Non-Fault Claim - Not happy with the labour rate they are imposing

Saunderstog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

A little while ago, we were rear ended in my van. Other driver admitted liability to insurance so seemed straight forward enough.

The garage that they booked me in with looked like an absolute dive, so I asked to take it to my garage of choice. They told me about their labour rate and that if the garage that I took it too charges more, I'd be liable for the difference.

I took it to what I'd call just a normal respectable garage, not exactly a branded dealership or anything like that. The quote to replace rear bumper, rear crash protection bar, reflectors, fix door, respray etc. was around £1700, which I think is a very good price considering the work involved and parts/materials etc.

The insurance company has now come back to me and said they will only cover around £900 of it, because of their labour rate.

Now, this is a non fault claim and the costs are being recovered from the other party. Am I really bound to this hourly labour rate limit?

I can't imagine someone driving a Mercedes or similar would be happy taking their vehicle to the garage that they suggested, or using a garage that works to such a low labour rate.

Has anybody had any similar experiences or know where I stand?

Thanks.