LCC home care costs bill after death..no money left..am i responsible?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi wondering if anyone can help .

My mum passed away at the end of April from mnd

she left very little in finances as social services took most of her savings when paying for her homecare visits .

Lcc have now just sent a bill for just over  1000.00

after paying for mums funeral and various other bills there is no money left .

just wanted to know if i am responsible for this debt thank you 

Topic moved to Local Authority Forum.

Do they state what the charge is for  ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Care charges from November 2019 to Feb 2020  this is when they said she didn't have to pay then changed there minds by this point my mum was on a chc as she had entered end of life stages 

The rules state that if the person has less than £23,250 in savings, property and other assets, they are entitled to financial support from the council.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-4422982/Councils-demand-elderly-pay-care-fees-clawing-cash.html

https://www.lancashire.gov.uk/media/900211/financial-implications-residential-care-august-2018.pdf

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Not if she has assets or estate...who owns her property ?

You need to investigate this 4 month charge and why she was not eligible for financial assistance.....?

Are you mothers executor ?

Mum had no property or assets she left what she had to me which was not a lot covered her funeral bill and various other bills that were left outstanding i was executor everything was done with solicitors correctly. 

So was she in rented accommodation ?

No my grandmothers house but that was left to me in 2018 mum lived there as I lived in my home just how it was we weren't expecting a mnd diagnosis mum had lived with her mum caring for her till she passed 

Fine thanks trazy......so no you are not responsible...I assume the demand is in your mothers name ?  You could also check with your Solicitor for peace of mind....but if no assets no money no estate.......no pay.