Pet shop scam

Org
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

recently I ordered 4 birds, 2 canaries and 2 lovebirds from a pet shop in Nottingham.

When I received the birds, one of the canaries looked scruffy and had a bald spot on its back. 

when I asked the owner if this was normal he stated that “it is a baby and will be normal in a week”

I waited a week and I discovered it was sneezing throughout the night.

I then decided to check their weight and the scruffy one was only 15 grams while the other was 26 grams.

While weighing them I discovered they were covered in blood mites (small bugs that feed on blood)

I contacted him and he said I could return them but I’m unable to drive an hour to his shop

i offered to pay another delivery fee for him to pick it up but he was ignoring me

I decided to try to treat them and bought many medicines and I cured their mute problem but now all 4 birds are sneezing,

I’ve had many birds before and I’ve never had these problems

I asked him if he couldn’t please come pick them up but he kept reading my messages and ignoring me

when I called him he blocked my number

I messaged him on my other number laws showing the sale of an ill animal is prohibited and sent him proof of his false advertising (saying they were “excellent healthy birds”) proof fm their illness and he blocks me again.

I feel scammed and according to the law he is obligated to refund me for the birds and any medical expenses

but I don’t know know where to report him or what to do about it.

Any suggestions would  be greatly appreciated.

Thank you 

07794ABC-51B7-46A1-8F33-06DBC3207C78.png

F168C433-FC72-48FC-AE73-DD678003B395.png