Lowell Portfolio and satisfied BT Debt Default.

TCFB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have a default on my credit file dated 7th July 2018.  It was for a £82 debt with BT that they subsequently sold onto Lowell Portfolio.  The debt was satisfied in full on 7th November 2019.

I rang Lowell this morning and asked if they would remove this as a gesture of goodwill.  

I am considering buying a house (value £150k) and have been told that my salary and income is more than enough to cover the mortgage.  I aslo have the 10% deposit. 

I spoke with Lowell saying that a debt of £82 is stopping me getting a mortgage and is causing me considerable stress.  I was informed that all defaults will stay on my record for a period of 6 years and can't be removed.

They refused to remove it and have emailed me saying that "We understand that we have now resolved this matter to your satisfaction and your complaint has now been closed."

I have asked them to send all the relevant paperwork  from both Lowell and what BT sent them and told them I would go through the Dispute Resolution Ombudsman once I have reviewed what they send me.  I also mentioned that I may take legal advice (which I haven't yet) and follow this up through the CC.

Time is of the essence and the house sale will probably fall through now as it will take time to go through a process to try and get this matter resolved.

Any advice?

An £82 default should not cause a house sale to fall through.  Look for a decent broker !

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to Lowell Portfolio and satisfied BT Debt Default.

lowell didn't and can't register a default, only the original creditor can.....

but as said prime lenders rarely take any notice of non consumer credit defaults ....

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just noticed it's a 2 year old £82 default, your mortgage application will be quite safe.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

BT have come back to me to say that they can't remove the default. 

In their letter they said  

"Thanks so much for your patience whilst we looked into the matter for you with the credit file marker.

Im so sorry that BT couldn’t help any further due to the debt being sold and already paid to Lowell.

Like i explained had you have not been an amazing payer and left the debt we could have recalled it from the debtors due to the error of you not getting your final bill from us at BT. "

I am writing to Lowell to see what can be done.

in all truth, we have seen original creditors remove defaults after a debt had been sold many times here.

but that reply seems a bit cheeky to me.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...