control debt solutions and an IVA - owe more now then when i started.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to butt in here Zararh but you may wish to remove this post and delete your name and address first. Up to you of course but I have posted before and always been advised to blank out personal details.

You should always be very wary of posting your details on a public forum as the creditors scour the pages.

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

• 4 weeks later...

ok so im just now doing letters abut the token payments to barclaycard, capital one, welcome finance.

Can anybody confirm th head office addresses just so i can make sure im sending them to the right places. Thanks.

I want "in control " out of th picture cos there rubbis. i asked them for debt total weeks ago and im still waiting. there saying they have to request the information from the creditirs. surely they shoul already have this information:confused:

Also i have not bothered to reply to 1st credit and havnt heard a word since the first letter!!!

Im gonna try and upload the welcome finance forms again.

well i have look at this i do not have time to explain however this is a

wilson they have no total charge and the total charge for credit hac inc a fee.

if you do not understand goggle the wilson case.

Id quot circumiret, circumveniat.

please do not take my word for anything please do your own research All that i make comments on are done in good faith and to the best of my knowledge

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

well the cca is a mess

1 no overall total

2 the total charge for credit is very wrong see Wilson v ist county

3 there is no interest rate quoted only a APR which i can only think a 2 year old has work out.

In regards what you do with info it is to you.

Let me be clear i would take this to court. However you may which to take legal help

Id quot circumiret, circumveniat.

please do not take my word for anything please do your own research All that i make comments on are done in good faith and to the best of my knowledge

so, ive been arguing with the DMP company for the last few days. Basically i have been asking them for weeks to find out why the debt has gone up and down and to get me new otals. They point blank havnt done this. He keeps fobbing me off saying he has to write to the creditors for totals. Surely they should have this information? so i basically said i aint paying a penny till i find out why its going up and not down. so then he threatened to close the account. I just said do it frankly i think there pants!! he said :

Dear Zara,

Many thanks for the email detailed below. I will get all of the paperwork we hold for you sent back today.

With regards to thinking you are on an IVA we have never offered IVA`s as a company and if you have paperwork from us showing this I would be highly surprised. With regards to your current balances, they may well have gone up since taking out the plan but I would like to make you aware that this would be largely due to the fact of your sporadic payment history. The most important part of a debt management plan is to keep up with the monthly payments or any arrangements that we make may break resulting in interest and charges. Below is a table of your payment amounts and dates:

06MAR200780.00 Direct DebitNo

10MAY200780.00 Direct DebitNo

02AUG200780.00ZC RHODES 17013628Standing orderNo

04SEP200780.00ZC RHODES 17013628Standing orderNo

03OCT200780.00ZC RHODES 17013628Standing orderNo

02NOV200780.00ZC RHODES 17013628Standing orderNo

04DEC200725.00ZC RHODES 17013628Standing orderNo

18MAR200815.00000173Bank-giroNo

08APR200810.00000173Standing orderNo

24APR200840.00000173Bank-giroNo

27JUN200850.00000173 LIVERPOOL STREETBank-giroNo

16JUL200830.00000173 LIVERPOOL STREETBank-giroNo

12AUG200840.00000173Bank-giroNo

07OCT200845.00 Bank-giroNo

03NOV200845.00000173Bank-giroNo

02DEC200835.00 Bank-giroNo

30DEC200845.00 Bank-giroNo

26JAN200945.00000173Bank-giroNo

23FEB200945.00000173Bank-giroNo

25MAR200930.00000173Bank-giroNo

20APR200940.00000173Bank-giroNo

This illustrates the difficulties your plan faced and is the reason that it ultimately failed.

In regards to offering your creditors token payments, indeed they have to accept any level of payment towards an account, whether it is £1.00 or £100.00. However, it does in no way mean that they are obliged to freeze interest or charges or stop commencing any potentially legal action. If you have been informed of this then I am afraid you have been ill-advised.

Once again, I am truly sorry that your plan did not work out, but given your circumstances and the fact that things are extremely tight for you at the moment, I would recommend seeking advice from a charity such as the citizen’s advice bureau. They will more than likely set your plan up to pay just £1 per month to your creditors. Which at this point will suit you but obviously will not really help to get you out of debt.

Finally, I sincerely hope that your situation improves and that you can enjoy a debt free future as soon as possible.

Yours truly,

Steve

Originlly there was 4 debts, barclaycard,welcome finance, barclays overdraft, capital one.

I have cleared the barclays overdraft which was 300 odd and as u can see i have paid the DMP over a grand yet the debt as gone up?!? any advice?

The original creditors would appear to have been adding charges and interest. Your best bet is to SAR each one.

Dear Zara,

With regards to the IVA`s we can give a limited amount of advise regarding these, but as I have stated previously, we do not offer them as a solution within In Control Debt Solutions.

With regard to the payments on your account. The fact that many payments were missed is entirely responsible for the failing of your plan. We set payment arrangements p with your creditors to expect payments every month. They in turn set arrangements to this effect and commonly, when a payment is missed, the arrangement breaks.

However, I have been doing some research for you and I can discovered an even better way for you to combat your debt issue. The government has created a different solution call a `debt relief order` I believe that you may be able to get one of these and as far as I am aware all of the debt is cleared. It is for people that have below £15,000 of debt and can’t afford more than £50.00 a month. I would recommend that you contact the CAB to enquire about this as I do believe that you qualify.

With regards to a potential refund of you set up fee. I am afraid that as I have previously stated In Control has acted how it can given the circumstances of your account and I am afraid that a refund would not be possible. Furthermore your initial payment was made to a company called Yourclear. This company has now gone in to liquidation. I am concerned that this company may have given you some sort of indication that you could have been on an IVA but it certainly would not have been In Control.

Once again I am sorry for any issues that have a risen and seriously hope that a solution will work for you. I seriously hope you can enquire with the CAB re a debt relief order.

Steve

I as never made aware of the company going under!!!!! Are thy allowed to do this? take over the account without bothering to let me know 0_o

Some complaints to TS, the OFT and your MP are in order :|