control debt solutions and an IVA - owe more now then when i started.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have an iva with in control debt solutions.

Now at the start they sent me a statement with a total of the debts which was just under 3,000.

i asked them for a statment with the new total.

This is two years into the iva.

He asked me why and i just said i wanted the info.

He said it would take a while to get the information.

months after badgering he finally sent me the new balance which was just under 5,000.

I asked how it had gone up and not down

i had also cleared one of the debts since starting the iva.

he got very snotty with me asking if i was sure it was from them. which it was.

Im supposed to get sent a statement each month with what goes were.

i rarely do and only get it when i ask.

Also i asked him if i had payment protection insurance on the loan, he said no.

I have since found the original paperwork for the loan and i do have the ppi.

Ive always had the feeling that in control arnt actually paying the debts.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should seriously consider termintaing your relationship with such a company especially if your debts are growing!

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Well ive just spoken to him and he said theyve all been charging me intrest which they all said they had stopped. Hes getting in touch with them to get it al taken off.

Hes also told me to send them the 1st credit letter and he also said "they can be very nasty but we can calm them"

Well yeah thats it i wont be intimidated into paying what i dont have. And i dont actually know which debt they are chasing!!!

Some of the stuff ive read about them is awful to say the least. So ill be keeping any threats and sending them off to the OFT

Looking foward to watching the debt programme tonight tho!!!

i recieved this:

Dear Sir/Madam

1st Credit Ltdisattempting tocontact the above named regarding a personal matter.

Your address has been suplied as apossible address for our subject who was previously resident at:- (previous address)

Please contact our offices immediatly on our telephone number 0870 164 20 56 and quote the above 1st credit reference number at which time further information can be provided.

if you are not the individual we are attempting to contact or have information that may assist please call us at your earliest convienience. on telephone number 0870 164 2056, in order that we may correct our records.

If no responce is recieved within ten days of issue we will assume that you are the individual we wish to contact and will of course ensure that all relevent correspondance is sent to you

Yours faithfully

1st credit ltd

Now i currently have an iva so he has advised me to send him the letter which i scanned over. He has spoken to them and been told this:

Dear Zara,

1st Credit is a new account; it was a united utilities and the balance 122.37, so not too much of a problem.

Steve

I have absolutly no knowledge of this bill. I am currently with united utilities and pay it weekly on the card. Surely if there was such a bill they should have got in contact with me first befoe going to the DCA? they clearly know were i live as i told them when i moved!!!! What shall i do?

So basically i lived at a flat for 6 months. They had me paying for a years water in 6 months (despite me telling them my tenancy agreement was for 6 months) so after 6 months i moved to were i am now. i told them i was moving and were and would continue payments for the new address. So i think they basically want me to pay for the other 6 months on the old flat. if that makes sense. Can i cca 1st credit? can i ask united utilities/1st credit for proof of payments and the dates they alledge i owe the money for?

The original bill if memory serves was 170.00 they reckon i owe 122.00 theres no way i only paid 50 in six months. stupid me tho didnt keep the receipts!!:confused::conf used::confused:

I'm not sure why you're on an IVA with just £3k of debt - or £5k as it is now. Sounds like you have been ill advised.

My advice is to call CCCS or another free service and ask them for advice. It may be that you should come off the IVA and go onto a DMP and the CCCS would be able to stop or reduce most interest charges.

hmmmm whats a dmp???? you know if i knew half of the stuff know through reading trough here i would never have take the iva in the first place.

what annoys me the most is the fact they take 10% of everyhting i pay!!!

Oh and there was originally 4 debts and i clearedone of them through bank charges and even that hasnt made much difference to the balance.

its like 4am and i cant sleep the whole thing is bugging me!!!!

god i wish id known about cccs from the start

Thanks so much for the wonderful advice!

I will get in touch with them and update!!

Just wondering now how i can tell the IVA to stuff it!!!:mad::confused:

the CCCS have said i need to be discharged from the IVA before they can help.

Edited by Hacked_Off

DMP is a debt management plan.

Can you please keep your postings to your own 1st credit thread please unless you have help for others, thank you :)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

ok so now in control are telling me im on a DMP:confused:

babybear39 said:
DMP is a debt management plan.

Can you please keep your postings to your own 1st credit thread please unless you have help for others, thank you :)

yeah i will sorry in confusing myself even more doing that lol

Dear Zara,

As a standard fee we retain 15% of any payment that you make.

This is a standard across the debt management sector and if any thing some companies charge more!!

All will be well once we are back up and running and especially when we are in a position where you can maybe afford to pay more J

Steve

Oh im well annoyed. At the very start they told me it was a IVA and they take 10% of all payments made. talk about being misled!!!!!!!

Do you have anything in writing to the effect?

now he isnt responding sincr i said i want to be discharged as i have had advice from a charity who dont take fees for a DMP.

What a shambles

babybear39 said:
Do you have anything in writing to the effect?

No i was told at the beginning on the phone i was doing an IVA with 10% of al payments going to them.

the nly leter i have just says "we today recieved you ipp engagment pack etc etc":mad:

Write them a short letter explaining that you're going to report them to TS and the OFT and YOUr MP for deception and fraud :)

Dear Zara,

I understand that a `free` service is something that may look good to you at this stage but you need to understand that you will not receive the same level of service.

Please think about for the next couple of days and then get back to me. What is that company you have spoken to called, just out of curiosity?

Steve

hes taking his good old time nowe replying. hmm wonder why. Also he said there called "in control debt solutions" but on the letter it says "your clear tm"

Dear Zara,

I understand that a `free` service is something that may look good to you at this stage but you need to understand that you will not receive the same level of service.

Please think about for the next couple of days and then get back to me. What is that company you have spoken to called, just out of curiosity?

Steve

hes taking his good old time nowe replying. hmm wonder why. Also he said there called "in control debt solutions" but on the letter it says "your clear tm"

Make an appointment with CCCS or call nationaldebtline. CCCS can take on a DMP for you for free but they don't distinguish between valid and invalid debt. Natiionaldebtline can give you advice there and then usually.

National Debtline – Free, Confidential Debt Advice – Call 0808 808 4000

CCCS - Free Debt Advice from the UK's Leading Debt Charity

not impressed all hes bothered about is my tv licence!!!!!

Jonathan : You’ve been asked to contact us because you have indicated that you are currently in arrears with:

TV Licence

Please confirm the outstanding arrears for the above item(s) and any arrangement(s) you have in place.

W17718427: im not sure tbh about a month behind

Jonathan : Do you have an arrangement to repay this?

W17718427: no they wont have it. they just said pay it or get a fine

Jonathan : Would you be able to the £22 in one go?

W17718427: no

W17718427: im on jsa

W17718427: i can pay 10 a fortnight

Jonathan : If they are threating a £1000 fine surely it would be better to pay the £22?

W17718427: i am unable to magic money out of thin air

If you're on JSA you shouldn't be in a DMP as you have no disposable income so to speak of...

As you're on the minimum income the government says you're supposed to live on you should only be paying £1 token payments and that's if you're happy not to question the accounts. If you want to do that I'm happy to go through it with you.

well ive made an offer of £5.

The only one i havnt made an ofer two is first crapit!! no idea wha to do about them.

What can i do about the ppi on the loan. they claim i dont have it but i have the original forms which say i do

Ah, you have an original CCA. Please elaborate...Original creditor date etc...

Yes please, but can you answer my questions first?

That's ok. You'll need to post your documents as images on something like photobucket and then click the picture icon on the post, copy and paste the IMG code and post the images :) Don't worry if they look huge, it's better than too small :)