Silly mistake resulting in a CIFAS listing helppppp

jkannnna
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I would like to be really honest. I made a very stupid mistake through sheer frustration and anger. I held got terrible service from a bank resulting in many hours on calls. I made a terrible mistake and altered my phone bill to show I had paid £30 in call costs that were not true.

They have registered this case with CIFAS and now I cannot get absolutely anything including opening any bank accounts.

I wondered if anyone knows any way to get this removed? My only thought was that would be through a technicality.

Its been marked as "First party fraud - (Opening an account or other
facility for a fraudulent purpose or the fraudulent
misuse of an account or facility; or taking out an
insurance policy for a fraudulent purpose or the
fraudulent misuse of an insurance policy and/or
insurance policy documentation)"

This was a complaint about a service issue and not necessarily fraudulent misuse of the account itself.

Any ideas or help would be hugely appreciated.

Joe

You don't say which bank.

It's certainly a very disproportionate response but unfortunately these people act in rather unthinking and vicious ways sometimes.

The only interesting aspect is is that from what I understand from the limited detail you have given that this is not actually an attempt to open an account or some other fraudulent transaction using your bank account.

However, maybe you could give us a clearer view about the story and what has happened.

Did you try to claim the £30 back? Or expose the bank to the risk of any loss as a result of the false claim?

if so: they’ll view it as an attempt to commit fraud by false representation, and their marker won’t be unfair.

DSAR the bank to see what they have claimed you have done. If what they have reported is factually correct you’ll struggle to get the marker removed.

The CIFAS marker only needs the civil standard of proof rather than the criminal standard : but if you tried to claim the £30 back you may be lucky not to have had it reported as a crime.

Edited by BazzaS