Brighthouse dodgy item complaint fobbed off.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1419 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Got a laptop through brighthouse, the top range gaming model.  Paid over 2000 in total for it, yes I know its not the best retailer but needed one for work and wanted to treat myself plus I could afford the payments.

About 2 months ago the sound just cut out.  this was about 16 months in.  A PC tech looked at it, checked drivers etc and without cracking it open (under my orders) said its a hardware issue probably onboard sound on the motherboard.  So 16 month old laptop, over 2000 clearly not fit for purpose and of substandard quality. 

I complained, bear in mind BH have gone under by now, the reply I received was essentially "as it lasted 16 months its clear no fault was there when it was purchased so go away."

Im not happy, were they not in administration I would go down the small claims route after involving financial ombudsman

What are my options now?  I have a very expensive laptop with no sound that realistically I could expect to last at least four years.  But now needs a new motherboard the most expensive component in it.

Im using usb speakers on it now but its not ideal lugging around speakers plus they use up a usb slot.  It shouldnt break down and I want them to repair it or offer some compensation towards a repair. 

Mostly wondering what options I have with them being under administration.

https://www.brighthouse.co.uk/make-a-claim

Not sure if you have an insurance policy or extended warranty with them but here are the contact details.

How long is the manufacturers warranty?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Tried ringing the manufacturer and seeing if they will do anything.  I did that with my broken Kindle at 14 months old with the warranty expired and they sent me a brand new replacement .

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread