Who is entitled to see my data?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As they are committee members, they may be officers of the club and they may have access to some data relating to you. You probably need to tell us more the story.

Certainly if they had access to the data then they will be very strict rules about how it was used

So why don't you tell us the story

I sent a Subject Access Request to the club's data controller and he brought my request up at a committee meeting where it was discussed by the committee members that were present, because of this SAR one member of the committee decided to block me from accessing some of my data till they had replied to my request.

4 minutes ago, Man in the middle said:

What prompted you to do that? Tell us the story. Nobody can help you when you supply information in dribs and drabs.

Sorry, but I don't understand why you want to know my reasons for sending a SAR when my original question was about who in a clubs committee is entitled to see my data.

If your club is required to have a credit licence, it would be the appointed credit controller officer. But data protection detail should be contained within your membership docs. Especially since the tightening of the law a few years go.

Only you can give permission to share you data in this instance. Unless by order of the court.

I would google t ICO compliance it should give you a list of exemptions, or call the club and ask. There are so many variables, that it would be impossible to give an accurate answer without the detail.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

3 hours ago, howlsatthemoon said:

Sorry, but I don't understand why you want to know my reasons for sending a SAR when my original question was about who in a clubs committee is entitled to see my data.

Because very often, hidden in the background, is something which may help give you appropriate assistance. But since you don't want to discuss it I'll let you keep it to yourself. And rather than spend time trying to pull teeth, I'll keep my advice to myself.  🙂

Edited by Man in the middle